Discussion Starter #1
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
My new Sportsworks T-3 rack....

have a Hollywood going up for sale real quick
What about the ghetto trailer? that thing was sick... oh well.. :rolleyes:

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
im do getting one of those, my dad is getting tired of the one we have, sweeet.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ive been thinking about picking up the third tray but so far I havent had a use for it. most of the people i rode with back home didnt live near me so i always just carted my own bike around. I think in the spring when the snow melts up here ill try and get some of my friends into riding.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
dogonfr said:
I'v got the T-2 rack think it's awsome. So what is the diff between the 2? look the same.

do you use that bolt on the side to attach to your trailer hitch....also the bolt on top...does that do anything???? do you use it???

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
do you use that bolt on the side to attach to your trailer hitch....also the bolt on top...does that do anything???? do you use it???
There is a bolt on the side to go through 2in reciver. The 1 on top is the anti-sway, otay i use them.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
dogonfr said:
There is a bolt on the side to go through 2in reciver. The 1 on top is the anti-sway, otay i use them.
how does the one on top work...looks very weird design

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Anti-sway bolt.

dogonfr said:
I love that feature. It keeps the rack nice and solid.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
how does the one on top work...looks very weird design

I have the T2 and freaking love it. As far as the T3 I am kind of confused to what that is also.

Either way the bolt on the top is is connected to the little pin (on top as well) that goes up when you screw that bolt in. so when you stick the rack in your reciever the pin that goes up and down should slide in all the way inside the reciever. So when you screw that bolt on top down the pin goes up and kind of presses up against the inside of the reciever hitch, which is another feature the sportworks uses to keep it from swaying and bobbing along with the bolt in reciever pin.

Pretty good idea I think and it works very well.

I would also recommend you buying a locking reciever pin made especially for that. Just to keep you investment safe.
I purchased the pin that came with the cable and it ended up being around 40 dollars. Kind of pricey, but it has come in hand many of times.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
skate said:
I have the T2 and freaking love it. As far as the T3 I am kind of confused to what that is also.

Either way the bolt on the top is is connected to the little pin (on top as well) that goes up when you screw that bolt in. so when you stick the rack in your reciever the pin that goes up and down should slide in all the way inside the reciever. So when you screw that bolt on top down the pin goes up and kind of presses up against the inside of the reciever hitch, which is another feature the sportworks uses to keep it from swaying and bobbing along with the bolt in reciever pin.

Pretty good idea I think and it works very well.

I would also recommend you buying a locking reciever pin made especially for that. Just to keep you investment safe.
I purchased the pin that came with the cable and it ended up being around 40 dollars. Kind of pricey, but it has come in hand many of times.
thanks I understand now how it works...I have not put it on my truck yet, so it didn't make sense

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
skate said:
The locking pin is good for the dummy theif, the smart ones will unbolt the linkage, recomend a cable lock through bikes to chassis of vehicle. Also very easy to unload at a stop light.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts