Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for help in dating an old TR Mountain Bike. I inherited it from my Father, guess this makes it an heirloom, he bought it in Napa CA in the late 70's (I think). It has a serial number on the BB: 2R010

There are "Oakley" handlebar grips. It also has "Bullseye" brand hubs. The only thing I remember him telling me about it is that he got it for half price. The bike shop owner told him that he could not give these away, and that he would "never sell this type of bicycle again". Apparently, this was before the Mountain biking rage took off.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Your Ritchey is a '82 as indicated by the serial #, early indeed :thumbsup: but we really need pics :D

·
Fat City Michael
606 Posts
Actually photos won't suffice, here is what you need to do; Send the bike to me to properly examine it for you and I will let you know what you've got... :p

I've always wondered how one of those old Ritcheys rode. ;)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
you need to take a nice side profile shot of the drive side preferably. Looks like a nice ride. Looks pretty clean too. Those grips are pretty sought after, make sure not to replace them if they are still good. And if you do replace them make sure to keep the grips or send em to me!!!! haha.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
crconsulting said:
Wow....

Barn Find LOL!!

Nice Bike :thumbsup: Like the forks too :thumbsup:

And yes I guess we should have mentioned we need a side shot. edit: woops, never mind:)

Are those bullmoose bars plated or are they painted?

Nice original snake belly's too :thumbsup:
CRC, you best clean off yer glasses if think them are snakebellys. :)

Nickel plated on the bars.

Great bike!

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
That bike is beautiful. All you need to do is find a TA crank and old SUntour or Huret front derailleur, and it'll be totally proper!

That is something that would be interesting to inherit...

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're fitting in famously.

rb

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
CRC, you best clean off yer glasses if think them are snakebellys. :)
Ya, your right. I had a set of those at one time. I could have sworn they were made by cycle pro can't for the life of me remember the name nor do I remember that center ridge being there. But things get fuzzy about these matters :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.