Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving (really freaking) early Sat morning to do a five to six hour moderately fast paced ride.
Dirt mounds
181
Greentown
Raiders
Beehive
car
back to town before three PM.
Looking for a small group.
Back to top
Group will be small (right now it's just me). Pace will be business casual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,340 Posts
Hmmmm.....TD, although Kassi keeps tell me were going to be riding with some other friends around here Saturday, I have not heard final plans yet. Depending on what those plans are/ if they end up happening, I might be seriously interested in some casually business-paced riding.
How early is super freaky early?
PM me the details or post here, either works. If I show up, I'll be on time. If I don't, ride on.
Mike
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike Brown said:
Hmmmm.....TD, although Kassi keeps tell me were going to be riding with some other friends around here Saturday, I have not heard final plans yet. Depending on what those plans are/ if they end up happening, I might be seriously interested in some casually business-paced riding.
How early is super freaky early?
PM me the details or post here, either works. If I show up, I'll be on time. If I don't, ride on.
Mike
Freaky early is @ 7:00AM.
I'm on the "get home before anybody knows I left" plan.
 

·
Arrrghhh!!!
Joined
·
262 Posts
Scary!

Sounds like a chance to make a mess of things-- I'm intrigued. I don't know whether I have the stamina to keep up, but maybe on a day when the pace is slower. What's the distance and elevation like?
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
insighter said:
Sounds like a chance to make a mess of things-- I'm intrigued. I don't know whether I have the stamina to keep up, but maybe on a day when the pace is slower. What's the distance and elevation like?
I have no idea on the distance or elevation. I do know that I will be climbing or descending pretty much the whole time. It should be 5-6 hours at a "not too chit-chatty" pace.
There are plenty of slower rides up there all the time so you don't have to feel like you're missing out.
 

·
H8 H8 H8
Joined
·
864 Posts
Hmmm.....

Know your way around out there? I've been dying to go check it out.

Are you willing to show me around? Understanding, of course, that I
still consider you my "Nemesis" and would be using the ride to probe
and inspect for vulnerabilities........

If I can keep up to see them, that is.

ZB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,340 Posts
Broussard said:
Know your way around out there? I've been dying to go check it out.

Are you willing to show me around? Understanding, of course, that I
still consider you my "Nemesis" and would be using the ride to probe
and inspect for vulnerabilities........

If I can keep up to see them, that is.

ZB
No probing allowed.
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Broussard said:
Know your way around out there? I've been dying to go check it out.

Are you willing to show me around? Understanding, of course, that I
still consider you my "Nemesis" and would be using the ride to probe
and inspect for vulnerabilities........

If I can keep up to see them, that is.

ZB
I know my way around good enough to probably get back out.
Hurry if you are thinking about going as my wife has given me a bigger window, and I am considering hopping on a bigger hatchery ride.
 

·
H8 H8 H8
Joined
·
864 Posts
Either / or

teamdicky said:
I know my way around good enough to probably get back out.
Hurry if you are thinking about going as my wife has given me a bigger window, and I am considering hopping on a bigger hatchery ride.
If the Wilson's ride is on, I'm in.

Otherwise, I might go probe some roadies on a big paved ride instead.
Or I might go probe myself in Pisgah.

Here is a picture of me with my probe ----> :thumbsup:
As you can see, I sometimes get a little carried away with it. I poked out
my right eye with it just before the picture was taken.

ZB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,277 Posts
A small group is going to meet at the top of Clawhammer around 10:30 - 11:00 tomorrow. From there we are going to go. . . Who knows, so many choices.

I am kind of wrapping my thoughts around this though:

Black, Buckhorn, Bennett, Cemetary (I think that's the one that spits out on 276), fish hatchery stuff up back up 475 to Cat gap and down Avery. . .

Something like that. It will be a democracy though so I could be overruled.

Just throwing it out there.

As a side note there will be no probing on this ride either. Although it is the back country out there. . .
 

Attachments

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
extrmtao said:
A small group is going to meet at the top of Clawhammer around 10:30 - 11:00 tomorrow. QUOTE]

Meeting at the TOP OF CLAWHAMMER???
Are you just bucking the norm? Meeting at the top of a climb that can only be accessed by riding up a mountain??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,277 Posts
teamdicky said:
extrmtao said:
A small group is going to meet at the top of Clawhammer around 10:30 - 11:00 tomorrow. QUOTE]

Meeting at the TOP OF CLAWHAMMER???
Are you just bucking the norm? Meeting at the top of a climb that can only be accessed by riding up a mountain??
If we meet at the top of the climb, I don't have to succomb to your "dick rub."

Actually, the Indiana folk are riding from the Gauging Station and I am starting from either black or the stables.

You gotta a Kitchen pass to come? If so I was thinking about meeting early so we can do a short loop around Sycamore and head up black to maxwell to meet these cats.

Let me know.
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
extrmtao said:
teamdicky said:
If we meet at the top of the climb, I don't have to succomb to your "dick rub."

Actually, the Indiana folk are riding from the Gauging Station and I am starting from either black or the stables.

You gotta a Kitchen pass to come? If so I was thinking about meeting early so we can do a short loop around Sycamore and head up black to maxwell to meet these cats.

Let me know.
Waiting to hear back from Z Wiener. I'm looking at three possible birds in the bush right now (you don't wanna know what I got in the hand).
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top