Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my favorite trails. It's very doable, but it's never easy. I got up early and picked up a couple passengers (one very handsome boy) and we headed out. We encountered a couple of these guys right off the bat:

The handsome boy behaved and didn't run off with them, rather he stayed by his momma's side (yeah, he's kind of a momma's boy).

Here's EJ with the world behind her:

The handsome boy:

Beggin' a drink off momma:

Climbin' up:

Aliens?

I always have to post my shadow:

It's really all about Jake:

One last shot, I got into my camera again!

Later we saw a big kitty, but it high tailed it out of sight pretty quickly.

·
Bike Matron
245 Posts
screampint said:
This is one of my favorite trails. It's very doable, but it's never easy. Later we saw a big kitty, but it high tailed it out of sight pretty quickly.
Hey, girl, these posts of like something from Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Must. Get. To. Fuita. Must. Get. To. Fuita. MustGetToFruita. MustGetToFruitaMustGetToFruita......
Powerful pull, that country has and my internal compass seems stuck pointing to the northwest (I'm in Central Texas).

Lovely photos, as always.

So is the "never easy" part just a grinding climb? Was Mr./Ms. Kitty a mtn lion?

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Team Pro Laps said:
So is the "never easy" part just a grinding climb? Was Mr./Ms. Kitty a mtn lion?
Middle chainring climb with techy bits. A bit more difficult with a rigid ss and 34:18 gearing.

Yes, the kitty was a mt. lion. Very fitting, since it was on the Lion's Loop section of trail.

The most interesting part of it was the adrenaline. I was buzzing for hours, but then I had to take a nap in the afternoon.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
creseis said:
Love your dog!
Not my pup, it's EJ's dog.

Short story about Jake. She brought into the shop 30 minutes after adopting him and proclaimed him to be a 9 month old lab mix. I took one look at him and said she had a 3 month old great dane on her hands. Turns out he's a dane boxer mix and was about 6 months old when she got him. The web feet (a dane trait) made her think he was part lab.

·
Bike Matron
245 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
Mo, there is talk of a fall trip to Fruita
September or October? I'm interested in doing the Huntsman Senior Games on October 13-14 in St. George, Utah, or at least using that as an excuse to drive away from TX. They have a mountainbike race that looks very similar to the Mas o Menos, you just have to be 50+ to race :D

I'd really want to take off two weeks to make the long drive worth while, and that would be an ideal time to be in Utah/CO, weather wise; September would be nice, too.

I'm also interested in the Womble Trail. Do you know how long a drive that is from Austin?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.