Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im a new member to the forum. Great info to be found. I have a question regarding my early Moots . The frame incorporates alligator lugs (notched) with a serpeants tongue painted on the top tube. Sounds weird I know :eek: . Prestige tubing, U brake top mount rear end, chain stays are curved.

I purchased the bike in 1990 brand new and have ridden it ever since. I know its not a Mountaineer just from looking at previous posts. Any ideas? Would like to know the official name for this bike. If I can figure out how to post a pic... Ill try.

Thanks.;)

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Magic said:
Hi Guys,

Im a new member to the forum. Great info to be found. I have a question regarding my early Moots . The frame incorporates alligator lugs (notched) with a serpeants tongue painted on the top tube. Sounds weird I know :eek: . Prestige tubing, U brake top mount rear end, chain stays are curved.

I purchased the bike in 1990 brand new and have ridden it ever since. I know its not a Mountaineer just from looking at previous posts. Any ideas? Would like to know the official name for this bike. If I can figure out how to post a pic... Ill try.

Thanks.;)
Contact Kent Eriksen and maybe order a new bike after he answers your questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DWF for the reply. I would love to grab a new bike maybe when I have an extra 6k burning a hole in my pocket:D . Actually I did contact Kent, he asked me to send pics, just thought that you retro mb afficianados might have some ideas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bushpig said:
Holy Cow! Nice nice bike. Hopefully you can get some bigger pics!
Thanks bushpig . Ive always been curious as to what this bike was named. You can tell obviously that it hasnt had a proper cleaning in a while.

Keep in mind also that back then the "Circus" colour choices were in style. LOL :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good question, not really sure. Ive checked the Mountaneer frame and while there are definately similarities, the lug work and dropout placement is totally different. Seems to be a little more detail in the frame compared to the standard Mountaneer, unless its some kind of variation.

·
clueless
436 Posts
fantastic! coooooooool bike.

but i have no idea if there had been other models, i think it might be very helpfull to contact kent erikson soon. or don pedro de los sharkos shows us the article about the 'moots zikel', he mentioned earlier.

ciao
flo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
floibex said:
fantastic! coooooooool bike.

but i have no idea if there had been other models, i think it might be very helpfull to contact kent erikson soon. or don pedro de los sharkos shows us the article about the 'moots zikel', he mentioned earlier.

ciao
flo
Thanks again floibex. I just sent Kent some pics, see what he comes up with.

Cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Forgot to mention, the serial # is simply 12 89. No letters , nada, could this have been built December 1989, or simply 1289 out of whatever # produced.

Any thoughts. ?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Wow, awesome details on that bike!:yikes: The colors are cool too.:D

Nothing contructive to add, except the "12 89" seems right for date of production, no?
Thanks for the upsized pics:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts