Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to spend a few weeks biking. Leaving from So. CA at the beginning of June, 1 route would be Vegas-Moab-Colorado. Route 2 would be Oregon (Bend), Wa (Bellingham) and BC (Squamish; Whistler). I've ridden all of the areas in route 1, but I've never ridden any of the second route locations. I know there has been a ton of snow in the PNW and BC, so I'm wondering how the trails are looking and if it is realistic to be doing some riding in early June? I saw that the Whistler bike park will be open in late May, but wonder how many trails will realistically be rideable?

Any intel/suggestions much appreciated!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Actually not a lot of snow. Whistler bike park will be fitzsimmons (lower) lift, almost all the trails there open. Plenty to ride there. Squamish all clear and has been for awhile. Most whistler trails outside of the bike park will be clear too, just not the highest stuff. You'll miss out on garbo, creekside and peak chair trails, but fitz zone has arguably the best trails.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kevin--super helpful. I've ridden in Mammoth and Tahoe the last 2 summers, but those areas still have a ton of snow. It would be a long drive to BC, but it sounds like it would be worth it from everything I've read!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.