Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new project is finished, below the pic's of the "maiden voyage". Proud to be a Turner owner :D.

Some more pic's

Due to some stupid Christmas card delays at the delivery service, it took a few weeks to finish the project.

Spec's:
  • Frame set: Turner Flux M
    Headset: Chris King silver
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Fork: Fox F100RL
    Hubs: Chris King ISO disc black
    Rims: DT Swiss 4.1 disc
    Spokes: DT swiss Comp
    QR's: Hope
    Tires: Speedking Supersonic 2.3
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7
    Rotors: Avid Clean Sweep 3
    Hoses: Goodridge steelflex.
    Crankset: Race Face Deus XC
    Bottom bracket: Race Face X type
    Front derailleur: Shimano XTR M971
    Rear derailleur: Sram X.0
    Shifters: Sram X.9 Matchmaker
    Gear cables: Goodridge
    Cassette: Sram PG990 Red Spider
    Chain: Sram PC991
    Pedals: Time Atac XS
    Stem: Thomson X.4
    Seat post: Thomson Elite
    Seat post qr: Hope
    Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
    Grips: Ergon GX1
    Computer: Polar CS200

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Very nice Fanman, welcome to Homerdom. IMO, Flux brings more smiles per miles than most other horses, enjoy.

That festive red kit looks fast and race worthy. Don't dismiss the gnar, Flux with knobbies will handle tech that many only will tackle with 5-6" bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moosehead said:
Don't dismiss the gnar, Flux with knobbies will handle tech that many only will tackle with 5-6" bikes.
Thanks. I hope so, that's exactly the reason I bought a Flux. My previous bike was a Speci Epic... not so "Specialized" for those circumstances....

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Flux also replaced my Specy Epic SWorks, which I loved. Flux is easily as quick and pedals as well, yet is much more stiff. The other major added benefit, is that you can tune your Flux RP23 and fork to more sag and add knobby rubber, and it'll tackle tech without flinching (no big airs or gravity but AM works well). The Specy would get nervous in the gnar. Some others even lace up a 120mm fork for trail riding and drop back to the 100mm for events. Take the time to tweak your suspension and you'll never look back.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
super cool! like the others say, the flux is a blast and will do the fun stuff within a certain envelope. deff 1 of the most incredible bikes ive ever owned overall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
moosehead said:
Flux also replaced my Specy Epic SWorks, which I loved. Flux is easily as quick and pedals as well, yet is much more stiff. The other major added benefit, is that you can tune your Flux RP23 and fork to more sag and add knobby rubber, and it'll tackle tech without flinching (no big airs or gravity but AM works well). The Specy would get nervous in the gnar. Some others even lace up a 120mm fork for trail riding and drop back to the 100mm for events. Take the time to tweak your suspension and you'll never look back.
Thanks for the tip. Today I made the first real test ride and I really enjoyed the bike. Only as you said, the shocks settings are quite important. I have been playing with the settings of rebound etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the reactions. I'm very happy with the Flux. Today I made the first serious test ride. I'm still busy with the "prefect" damper setup.

Here a few pic's.

Unfortunately I was unable to make more (action)pic's, the battery was empty....

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Gorgeous build.

you're running Speed King's on mud? does that even hook up at all?

that looks like the sort of terrain where the Race King would be more appropriate (plus the big volume 2.2 model ROCKS).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Speedking's, but I mounted them for the pictures yesterday and had no time to change them anymore. But the Raceking is too limited for me.

I'm running several types of tyres, Nokian NBX lit, Mountainkings, Speedkings and several Schwalbe tyres. But the Speedkings were still unused, so the perfect tire for the first pic's :D

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Fanman said:
Thanks. I hope so, that's exactly the reason I bought a Flux. My previous bike was a Speci Epic... not so "Specialized" for those circumstances....
I also replaced an Speccy Epic SWorks with a Flux and never looked back. Flux is way more confidence insipring when pointed downhill, and far more fun overall.

If you are running in mud (tis the season) the Mountain King will probably be your best bet as far as Conti's go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anybody know the color of the frame? Before I had a Copper ano frame, but due to a dent caused by a rock, I received this frame what isn't the same as the old one. The paper says it's Copper.... Anyway it is not a Ano frame, but the color....?

This is the old frame:

Note: the old frame is hanging above my bed, it wasn't my idea but from my girlfriend :D.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.