Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this thing has got to get out of my garage. It's an early 90's Yeti ARC, team paint. I believe the frame is a 90 or 91, but I am no expert. It's the grey and turquoise one with the dart paint and easton decals.

Anyways, it has the typical hairline cracks at the headtube, and a large crack at the seattube that was rewelded at some point. Basically, the bike is not safe to ride, unless you are looking for some sort of beach cruiser project to put some work in to.

But, it would make a cool project for a lamp, TP holder, bench, wall art, whatever. I'm just not creative enough to think of something for it. Hopefully you are.

Sooo, if you have a use for this thing, let me know. All I'm asking for it is shipping cost, or send me something fun(I can always use brakes, 27.2 seat posts, or purple ano) and I'll cover the shipping.

That's all folks.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
donkey said:
Alright, this thing has got to get out of my garage. It's an early 90's Yeti ARC, team paint. I believe the frame is a 90 or 91, but I am no expert. It's the grey and turquoise one with the dart paint and easton decals.

Anyways, it has the typical hairline cracks at the headtube, and a large crack at the seattube that was rewelded at some point. Basically, the bike is not safe to ride, unless you are looking for some sort of beach cruiser project to put some work in to.

But, it would make a cool project for a lamp, TP holder, bench, wall art, whatever. I'm just not creative enough to think of something for it. Hopefully you are.

Sooo, if you have a use for this thing, let me know. All I'm asking for it is shipping cost, or send me something fun(I can always use brakes, 27.2 seat posts, or purple ano) and I'll cover the shipping.

That's all folks.
I like this trend of 'free: give me your best idea' threads! :D

I'm going to have to dig up some 'free' stuff and post for my/forum enjoyment.

I guess I'd hang the frame on the wall along with T-discs and a framed JT poster.
I've got an anodized purple Ringle seat qr (the old style), and some very faded ano purple control tech bar ends I'd gladly send to you.

Hell...I'd even consider having the frame repaired...unless it's as bad as you say.

Any pictures?

·
Registered
779 Posts
anybody else with a damaged early classic mtn bike or just frame? let me know. I like projects.

·
Registered
779 Posts
well, lets see. i've got purple ano stuff, many 27.2 posts (including purple), brakes and a desire for restoration. and eric, regardless whe ends up with this yeti paperweight i still need to make it up to your for the manitou elastomers. what is it that your looking for. maybe i have it.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
vdubbusrider said:
well, lets see. i've got purple ano stuff, many 27.2 posts (including purple), brakes and a desire for restoration. and eric, regardless whe ends up with this yeti paperweight i still need to make it up to your for the manitou elastomers. what is it that your looking for. maybe i have it.

A Manitou 1 fork with yellow elastomers! :D

I'm kidding. Sky, I'll make sure to hit you up if I'm looking for something specific. I'm trying to keep my buying to a minimum right now.
Funny...those are both FSP and Tuckers famous last words!

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alrighty....

....it's looks like the winner? is going to be Vdubbusrider. He's close by, has a purple ringle post that I could use, and I used to work on VW's quite a bit myself, so that earned him some extra points:)

I'll see what else I can dig up,

Brian

·
Registered
779 Posts
i'll do the same. i will go through my things this evening as see what i need to get rid of and offer it up on the site. this is fun! i'll even see if i can part with a video or two for eric!

·
Illuminati
1,728 Posts
vdubbusrider,you still after a cook bros stem? www.bromleybike.com (UK yeti & c.king importer) have @ least 2 cook bros stems left. kinda retro sizes tho! 150mm 1 1/8 quill.
I stupidly gave one away years ago, so when I heard about bromley selling them off for £10 UK each, I had to have one again. Give them a try ;)

ta

scant

C

·
0 Posts
scant said:
vdubbusrider,you still after a cook bros stem? www.bromleybike.com (UK yeti & c.king importer) have @ least 2 cook bros stems left. kinda retro sizes tho! 150mm 1 1/8 quill.
I stupidly gave one away years ago, so when I heard about bromley selling them off for £10 UK each, I had to have one again. Give them a try ;)

ta

scant
when i bought one a few weeks ago they said it was the last one (otherwise i would have taken more...)

Carsten

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,908 Posts
there's a company in BC...

that does frame repairs. I think a tube replacement is a $100US. I'm debating sending my Manitou frame off to get the headtube repaired/repaced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts