Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I figure this is the best place to ask this...

My first "real" mountain bike was a Cannondale sm700 from 90 or 91 - it was black with neon green splatters (ah, neon). It had Shimano LX with the first gen push-push shifters that everyone disliked, before Rapidfire came out. It had a sweet Ritchey logic fork and first generation Shimano low profile cantilevers - worked for me cause I'm short, y'see.

Does anyone have a Cannondale catalog from 90 or 91, or an image of this bike, or a link to an image? Feeling nostalgic, since some scum ripped it off in 2000, while I lived in Toronto. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of it...my bad

Help me relive the past!!

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
Hey
Check out ebay , thats probably your best bet..

I have (for now) a 91 SM800, black orange splatters.... saw two MBA mags go recently from sept 91 (pretty sure sept) that had the SM1000 review...I came close to buying that bike but I was already over $700...The 1000 had the force 40 brakes if I'm not mistaken...There was no SM900 I dont think...The one I passed on was pink splatter....
Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.