Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I took our motorcycles to the eagle's nest trail in Cascade on saturday to clean it up a bit. I had a chainsaw on the front of my bike to make quicker work of it. There were fallen trees all over the place so we cleared the first 9 miles of the trail and then just ran out of time. The first 9 miles is a really nice ride though, even nice now that it is clear. Anyway, we hit snow after that, but it was nothing that you couldn't plow through. We worked our butts off, so go enoy the fruits of our labors and have some great rides there. My mountain bike is my baby, but I sure love the motorcycle for finding and clearing trails.

later on the trail
Bobby

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks for the work on that trail. As you've noticed, trail maintenance is not very high on the FS priority list up here. CIMBA does what it can, but there just aren't very many of us.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
glad to do it....

I ride the trails, I should help maintain them. I actually belong to TVTMA which is a local motorcycle club and we are really high on trail maintainence so that everyone can have a good time and so that trails won't get closed down due to lack of maintainence. It is awesome country there and the trail is in great condition. With all of the snow this year there is bound to be more trees down than you guys would be able to handle for sure. On Saturday morning we cleared the Kenally creek trail up to the summit. That trail is awesome, really challenging, but awesome. Time to get my 5 spot up there in place of the Yamaha!!

Bobby

·
Registered
64 Posts
Darian,
This is pretty short lead time but thought I would let you know anyway - the Eagle Nest Trail is closed this week due to logging activities. The plan is for it to be open and rideable for the weekend. We may have to close it again later in the summer but I think we can have it open on the weekends. I have signed the trail at both the trailhead (off the Warm Lake Road) and where it crosses the Eagle Nest Road. I will try to remember to let you know about future closures.
Chris Vetter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.