Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
Joined
·
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paging any interested riders for an Eagles Nest ride this Sunday. I'll be in McCall (well, really Lakefork) this weekend to cut the inlaws' 3 acres of grass/weeds, and I'm hoping to hit Eagles Nest on Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Earthpig said:
Paging any interested riders for an Eagles Nest ride this Sunday. I'll be in McCall (well, really Lakefork) this weekend to cut the inlaws' 3 acres of grass/weeds, and I'm hoping to hit Eagles Nest on Sunday.
That's alot of damn grass and weeds!

I've never ridden Eagles Nest before. If you were to describe the climbing involved on Eagles Nest to trails in the 'Hills...what would it be like?
 

·
Back of the pack fat guy
Joined
·
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BelaySlave said:
That's alot of damn grass and weeds!

I've never ridden Eagles Nest before. If you were to describe the climbing involved on Eagles Nest to trails in the 'Hills...what would it be like?
No shiznit. At least the riding mower and I can knock it out in a few hours.

It depends on how you climb it and how far. As an out and back on the singletrack to where the trail crosses the second(?) dirt road, it's probably comparable to the distance of Hard Guy, but maybe not quite as steep. The dirt road is less steep, but longer. lv2ride and I knocked it out as an out and back pretty quickly last year - maybe a couple of hours.

Nick - you doing the lucky 11 tonight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Earthpig said:
It depends on how you climb it and how far. As an out and back on the singletrack to where the trail crosses the second(?) dirt road, it's probably comparable to the distance of Hard Guy, but maybe not quite as steep. The dirt road is less steep, but longer. lv2ride and I knocked it out as an out and back pretty quickly last year - maybe a couple of hours.
Ahhh thanks...I'll have to put that on my "To-Do" list since it sounds doable for my slow ass.

Nick - you doing the lucky 11 tonight?
Unfortunately not, I have to work till 11pm tonight at the store :madman: .
 

·
Back of the pack fat guy
Joined
·
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayndar - You mentioned a Sunday ride in your PM. You up for Eagle's Nest, or do you want to do something closer to McCall? I figured the trails near McCall would still be either snowy or muddy, and I hear EN is riding quite nicely right now. I was planning on bringing the short travel XC bike with me this weekend instead of the big sled - no need for big travel or a heavy bike for Eagles Nest. Let me know what you're thinking about riding Sunday and PM me your phone number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
EP,
You want to hit up our land? It's in LF too...
I'm in for a ride, as soon as I ask my wife.
EN would be great or Loon Lake via Ruby?

See y'all Sunday, somewhere
 

·
Back of the pack fat guy
Joined
·
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
mcidmtb said:
EP,
You want to hit up our land? It's in LF too...
I'm in for a ride, as soon as I ask my wife.
EN would be great or Loon Lake via Ruby?

See y'all Sunday, somewhere
I accept PBR or malt liquor tall boys as payment, in advance. I have limited experience and skill on the riding mower, so I would have to apologize in advance for the shoddy mowing job.

Excellent - Wayndar said he was going to invite a few others. He mentioned riding the Rim, but I'm concerned about the snow up there - there was still 2 - 3 feet of snow on long sections of Bear Basin road and FS 659 just over 2 weeks ago, plus more snow in the trees further down. He also mentioned riding the Jughandle foothills, where I've only ridden once. I was going to do Eagles Nest because I hear it's dry and in good shape ride now. I probably can't swing a drive all the way out to Loon. (Edit: Wayndar said he was going to try to lobby for an extended kitchen pass for Sunday, so EN might be a possibility...)

Also, I was also going to only bring my short travel XC bike this weekend, since there's no need for the long travel sled on Eagles Nest. However, if you guys decide on the Rim trail, let me know by tomorrow AM and I'll bring the big bike. Nice to have those slacker angles and longer travel for the rocky sections on the Rim.

You guys chat and let me know when and where on Sunday - I'm free all day, but hoping to leave town back for Boise by mid-late afternoon. Wayndar has my phone numbers.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top