Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new gold eagle xx1 cassette and chain onto my 2017 5010 that came with the x01 build kit.

The original x01...everything ran smooth as butter. I wanted to put some gold parts on it to match the yellow lettering.

Got the cassette and chain and now I can feel the teeth going into the chain in the 5 smallest rings.

Took it to 3 different shops and they all said its dialed and working as expected.

However, a guy in shop# 2 said he has heard of this happening before

A guy in shop #3 said he could feel what I was talking about when he rode it.

none of the 3 shops said they have fixed it before.

all 3 shops checked/ adjusted the min and max der settings, took off the wheel, and other things (im not a mechanic)

Its driving me nuts for them to say ride it for a while and see if it works itself out. The x01 was smooth as butter right out of the box. has anyone seen this and fixed it?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
The jockey wheels and obviously chainring are narrow wide. Meaning you have to make sure the fatter teeth are in the wider plates of the chain.

Easy to miss the jockey wheels when taking the chain off for any reason. I've also seen the chain jump to the wrong teeth on a jockey wheel after a crash.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I'm thinking chainring too. I find the aluminum ones last about as long as a chain, ~500 miles. When I put a new chain on I can really feel it on the worn ring. I switched to steel rings for this reason. Way better life and super smooth feeling at a ~70gm penalty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.