Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly upgrading my Ripmo. I just took off the NX RD that came on my build and put on an XO RD. I have it working okay but the B-limit screw needs to be all the way screwed in, it could probably use another turn but its maxed. My NX RD B-Limit screw was only about half way in, sat right in the middle... Just seems wrong. Anyone have any insight here? I am following the Eagle instructions… the Instructions act as if the 50t ring and the RD Pulley wheel are worlds apart when installed and you need to adjust the B-Limit screw to wrangle them closer together which is the exact opposite from my situation.. I have to spread them apart as much as it can go to even get them to keep from touching. I can't figure it out…

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Hows the chain length? These RDs have a big offset between the upper pulley and B knuckle axis so B screw adjustment will depend strongly on the chain length. A shorter chain moves the top pulley further away from large cog so the B screw will be further out. A longer chain requires the B screw to be further in. Make sure your chain is the proper length before adjusting the B screw.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
The Eagle derailleurs come with a B gap tool. You need to set the B gap with the rear suspension sagged.

Hope you didn't somehow end up with an 11sp X0. The max functional capacity is 46T on the 11sp.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hows the chain length? These RDs have a big offset between the upper pulley and B knuckle axis so B screw adjustment will depend strongly on the chain length. A shorter chain moves the top pulley further away from large cog so the B screw will be further out. A longer chain requires the B screw to be further in. Make sure your chain is the proper length before adjusting the B screw.
Yep, sounds like the chain is too long. Assuming Op is using the same chain that's odd though. I wouldn't expect chain length to differ between a GX and x01 derailleur. I actually have an x01 on a Ripmo and GX on a DV9 but have not replaced one with the other.

Make sure the derailleur cage lock is disengaged and the chain is on the front ring when making the adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.