Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 11-speed NX rear mech is thrashed and instead of replacing with the same, I'd like to start working toward an upgrade to 12-speed. will an eagle derailleur work well with NX 11 speed shifter, cassette, chain and chainring?

·
Single Track Mind
1,045 Posts
While I don't have a definitive answer, I do think you'll be fine as long as you set your limit screws. Plus, I would grab a 12 speed chain while you're at it. An 11-speed chain might/ might not clear the cage pullies and a 12-speed chain works just fine on 11-speed rings and cogs

·
Registered
964 Posts
my 11-speed NX rear mech is thrashed and instead of replacing with the same, I'd like to start working toward an upgrade to 12-speed. will an eagle derailleur work well with NX 11 speed shifter, cassette, chain and chainring?
I have ridden a 12 spd Eagle derailleur with a Sram GX 11 spd shifter and a Sunrace 11 spd cassette 11-50.
Worked pretty well.
If you want to upgrade, might as well buy a 11 spd 11-50 cassette.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
...will an eagle derailleur work well with NX 11 speed shifter, cassette, chain and chainring?
According to the "Compatibility" tab here:

The derailleur ratio is the same on Sram 11 and 12 speed, so yes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.