Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ladies.... Get your trail work on!

Please join us in supporting the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship for the April Trail Daze in Downieville on April 9th, 2011. What better way to welcome spring than with a little dirt under your nails and your tires?

The Eager Beaver Adventure Club is a tongue in cheek loosely organized group of women whose purpose is to get more ladies to Downieville, give back to the trails we love and meet new ride partners through Spring Fling and Summer Kick Off weekends, which have been a huge success and a ton of fun in the past. Let's get even more ladies involved this year! Fellas, if your girl isn't on MTBR please let her know this is a fun female friendly weekend in Downieville, not just another weenie roast. ;)

After Smokey Wayno's famous post work BBQ, please join us for ladies night at the St. Charles Place where EBAC will be hosting a karaoke contest and dance party. DJ, drink specials and male go go dancers! (just kidding about that last bit) We are working on some other fun ideas for the weekend and I'll post more info as it shapes up.

Check out all http://www.sierratrails.org/events/spring_trail_daze_april_9th for all the details on the Trail Day and places to stay in town.

Hope to see ya there!

PS - Eager Beaver Adventure Club is on Facebook, you can also look us up there for more info as the date nears.

·
530 Posts
Definately have some women in my mtb group who would be interested. Just wondering if the guys in our group could come along, too. They take a lot of pride in the fact that our group is coed and we're used to doing everything that way.

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tank Girl said:
Definately have some women in my mtb group who would be interested. Just wondering if the guys in our group could come along, too. They take a lot of pride in the fact that our group is coed and we're used to doing everything that way.
Absolutely! Beavers love boys! ;)

The more the merrier, in fact quite a few of us will have our SO's in attendance and maybe even some junior Beavers in training. EBAC will be putting together some fun stuff specifically for the ladies but we're equal oppurtunity offender's so bring your boys. Just hope they can keep up with the shenanigans.

·
530 Posts
badjenny said:
Absolutely! Beavers love boys! ;)

The more the merrier, in fact quite a few of us will have our SO's in attendance and maybe even some junior Beavers in training. EBAC will be putting together some fun stuff specifically for the ladies but we're equal oppurtunity offender's so bring your boys. Just hope they can keep up with the shenanigans.
Our guys are great sports and so sweet, I feel like I'm riding around with a bunch of brothers I just adore.

The weekend you have planned sounds like a blast and we'll likely rent a vacation house for our group. Is there anywhere to ride at that time of year?

edit: also, is this a rain or shine deal?

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank Girl said:
Our guys are great sports and so sweet, I feel like I'm riding around with a bunch of brothers I just adore.

The weekend you have planned sounds like a blast and we'll likely rent a vacation house for our group. Is there anywhere to ride at that time of year?

edit: also, is this a rain or shine deal?
Yes, rain or shine.

As for trails... well that depends on Mother Nature but typically in April, 1st, 2nd and 3rd divide should all be rideable as well as Halls Ranch and Fiddle. You can also hit Bullards Bar on your way in or out of town about 20 miles away.

Check out http://www.yubaexpeditions.com/pages/trailmaps.html for trail details.

And http://www.yubaexpeditions.com/pages/downievilleaccommodations.html for accomodation info.

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Got to hang out with Bobby McMullen last night. The man, the myth, the legend will be attending the April Trail Daze weekend along with the lovely Mighty Heidi. Unless it was the Lagunitas talking he's threatening to throw down some sweet dance moves at the EBAC dance party at the St Charles Place Saturday night. If you haven't had the opportunity to hang with Bobby before make sure you say hi to him at the after party.

Other big news is that WTB is on board to sponsor the trail day so look forward to some stellar raffle items and karaoke contest prizes. Can you say Bronson?

This is also the weekend that the grand opening celebration of the North Yuba extension into Downieville is going down complete with new signage and a ceremony.

Mother Nature has put a damper on the last two trail days so we are really looking for a good turnout in April to get the trails in tip top shape for spring. So Ladies grab your girls and fellas, fellas grab your Goddesses (couldn't resist one Sheen reference) and get your buns to Downieville for a fun weekend of giving back and cutting loose.

For more information on this and other trail day events please visit the SBTS website at www.sierratrails.org

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bah bump bah bump..

Karaoke contest and dance party at the St. Charles place just got a whole lot more serious with some awesome prizes for belting out your favorite tune.

1st Place - Fox fork
2nd Place - WTB wheelset
3rd place - set of WTB tires

Every contestant gets a voucher for a future shuttle. And yes, we have an actual DJ with a full karaoke set up, not some joker with a boombox and some flash cards.

Come on up for some much needed trail work and a fun time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
badjenny said:
bah bump bah bump..

Karaoke contest and dance party at the St. Charles place just got a whole lot more serious with some awesome prizes for belting out your favorite tune.

1st Place - Fox fork
2nd Place - WTB wheelset
3rd place - set of WTB tires

Every contestant gets a voucher for a future shuttle. And yes, we have an actual DJ with a full karaoke set up, not some joker with a boombox and some flash cards.

Come on up for some much needed trail work and a fun time.
thats great jen , way to step it up fox, wtb, and i take its a shuttle with yuba expeditions ! lol...

sounds like its goin to be a blast....see you there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.