Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to how I could get slightly quicker rebound from the fork ?
I run it pretty much with no rebound damping - but I would still like the option of running slightly faster rebound.
I wouldn't say it packs down, but it does seem to be very close to it. At high speed it seems to get left a bit 'behind' if it runs into a quick series of stutter bumps.
I weigh 210lb with full gear and don't want to push a load of air into the fork to firm it up because it then becomes too harsh. Spike valve is set at 55lb, main chamber is 105lb.
The fork will be due its first full year service in a few months - is it possible to ask specialized to adjust the rebound range ?
But firstly, any suggestions before that ?

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...a lot of times when going through small bumpy stuff at speed, I'll try to load the fork to pop up onto a ledge or something, and it just isn't there. I also run full fast on the rebound.

What's the turnaround time on the service?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its anything like the turnaround on the rear shock I did just before Christmas, then: posted Tuesday afternoon and returned serviced on Thursday.
New mounting hardware, new seals and O rings, a couple of new shims and re-charged nitrogen all cleaned, regreased and dyno tested.
I was quite amazed by the speed of it, to be honest. Fantastic.
Hoping for similar for the forks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
At your full service interval mention mention your rider weight and any performance characteristics you would like tuned to your preference.

A full service has about a week turnaround time.

You can call your lbs ahead of time and take advantage of our factory service exchange program for an even faster turnaround time.

·
Registered
790 Posts
For the quickest turnaround time the factory service program is a swap for a complete shock, and for the fork it is a swap for the cartridge(s). When the shock is recieved it is ready to be mounted onto the bike, when the fork cartridges are recieved they are ready to be installed after the bike shop performs a lower leg service (cleaning of the lowers, greasing the seals etc.).

For pricing contact your LBS.

It is not a loaner, it is a swap for a factory serviced component.

You still have the option of sending in your original components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.