Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wil109
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I have found about 2mm play in my fabulous E150 hub, I think I need to clean, replace cartridge bearings and and regrease. Has anyone found an easy way of removing said bearings? If so could you post instructions please?

Also I have fitted a ceramic hope bb to my SL, got it all faced and the threads chased but there is still a slight creak when I'm climbing heavily. Has anyone else fitted them to SL or other bike, and if so how tight did you squeeze em on?

Any help much appreciated.

Wil

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the spacers will pop out of the hub easily, --and you remove the rotor and the seals and you can move the spacer around enough to get a drift to drive up against one of the bearings and you drive one out , then the spacer comes out and the other bearing is real easy to drive out, ------they are normal numbered bearings .

its just like any motorcycle hub-----easy stuff.

i have not done the ceramic bb yet to one of these -----but generally all the creaks i get on these bikes come from the chain stay pivot and the shock linkedg and pivot-------just normal FSR creak ------dissaemble it all , i use molly grease on it all and reassemble ,-----torque everthing back and its fine .

the shock bolts and the rocker bolts will creak like hell most of the time until you get molly on the bolts :eekster:

·
Wil109
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I will be sure to try out what you have suggested. Thanks for the tip about the threads JustFuzzIt. I had my doubts that the BB really needed it but the guy from Hope was insistent that it should be done before fitting the BB. Oh well.

Thanks again

Wil

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wil109 said:
Thanks guys,

I will be sure to try out what you have suggested. Thanks for the tip about the threads JustFuzzIt. I had my doubts that the BB really needed it but the guy from Hope was insistent that it should be done before fitting the BB. Oh well.

Thanks again

Wil
I wouldnt worry about it. It typically only gets bad after it is done multiple times. Facing it however, if there is paint on the outer surface, is a good idea. (if thats something you did)

Good luck!

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
PB Matrix said:
take the 25mm Axel, insert it in the spacer (the pictured item) about 1 inch, pry the axle up, then down, then the spacers will "pop" off!!
Magnificient! Thanks for you're help, sir. That wasn't so hard after all, now was it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.