Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wil109
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone tell how near to the chainstay should the inner plate be for this bad boy, I have fitted it to the BB snugging it against the cup then getting it as close as to the chain stay but keeping the top of the roller aligned to the bottom of the BB. I then secure it and then fix it with the ISCG mounts. Is this right, can supply pics if needed.

Many thanks for any replies.

·
Wil109
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I went for it and fitted my E13 DRS. Just thought I would post the outcome and also some images if they are any use to anyone. Also if anyone see's anything a miss please let me know, any comments are more than welcome.

It is ISCG old and needs to be between the BB and GXP cup.

Issues with the E13 on the Enduro SL 2007:
ISCG mounts couldn't be used because the srews that fasten into the ISCG tabs protrude too much such that there is not enough clearance between them and the inner chainring bolts (I fitted race face competition rings 24/36T). Also, and this depends if I have mounted it correctly, the ISCG tab positions if used would force the guide to be lower from the chain stays. I took this to be bad so didn't use them - I think the manual says the upper portion of the roller should be in line with the bottom of the BB.

I only used the first spacer (spindle length is 112/113m) and found that the screws that attach it to the back plate needed to be screwed quite tight in so that they are flush or the chain will rub on them causing a wee bit of noise.

The instructions say that the alignment ridge should be flush and level with the outside of the bash guard. I found on mine that it was 2mm short but shifting doesn't seem to have been affected.

I know that the ratio of 24/36T, is probably a bit odd but it works for me. I was advised to go 26 but wanted to keep it lower for the climbs then shift to the middle for the downhilly bit.

Anyway thats it for me just now, hope pro 2 on DT5.1 for the rear on the way along with an XTR M970 rear cassette. My chain is a durace 7700 XTR which is nails.

Rock on!!!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts