Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
frostedfrank said:
do i need a special BB to use an e-type fron derailleur?
i curently have an e-type one but might want to upgrade, can i just switch to clamp style or would i need to change the BB?
Depends on the BB. Old XTR has spacers so you drop a spacer for the E type derailleur.
The other cartridge BBs come in special E versions to adjust for the change in width caused by the removal of the E type derailleur.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.