Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllMountain+CwmcarnUplift
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I have posted this in the Drivetrain forums and have had no reply so i thought id re-post it here. Hope someone can help!

I want to get an E Thirteen DRS Bashgaurd and Chainguide for my Cube Fritzz which has Shimano XT Chainset HollowTech II M770 44/32/22 . I am going to take the 3rd/top ring off to install it.

I have 2 Questions

1. What model do i need? because you can get the "old" and "05" models, Which one you use depends on where your rear shock is and how it works.

2. Do I get the one for the amount of teeth i am protecting on the 2nd/middle ring or for the 3rd/top ring im replacing?

·
Former Ninja
427 Posts
Hey Diesel,
I looked around a bit and I would say get the ISCG-OLD/BB Mount version of the DRS. When you order it, you should get the size of the teeth you need to protect or larger. Since you're dropping your big rig (44 or 42T) I would suggest the 36T version of the DRS, so that you have the option of putting on up to a 36T chainring later on.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks m8! that really helps, to be honest its the most accurate and straight bit of advise i have ever got on here (all the others have been good aswell). 10 out of 10 lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, How did you get on fitting the bash gaurd and chain guide? did you remove the top chainring? did you have to change your shifter??? i am thinking of doing this exact mod to my cube fritzz and would really like to hear if you have done it...and what components you used...
Cheers
Linden

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not fit it, because i waited so long for it to come in stock my LBS fitted it for free.

I had to get rid of the 3rd/Top ring DRS means Dual Ring System) and sold the 44t ring for £25 on ebay :eek:)

the LBS mechanic told me it was very hard to fit though. So unless your good with bikes i'd do the same.

the shifter was not changed because there is no need. I dont think you even need to adjust the settings.

here's a pic

[URL="
[/URL]

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
b-kul. I dont know because this is the only bashgaurd i have ever owned. but it was recommended by my lbs because he said it was the only DRS that he has seen that they put on stock bikes? i dont know how true this was at the time but i am very happy with it.

linden78. i think its the OLD ISCG. The ride is fine, im not a weight wennie so it doesnt bother me how much the bike is on climbs. I get alot less chainslap on descents because of the guide and by losing the 44t ring you can shorten the chain and get a medium cage rear dereuiller. The chain has NEVER come off since fitting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.