Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anything on their website. I'm looking to get a catalog and don't wanna get in trouble for calling BC. (note: LBS doesn't have them either)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also looking for email addresses for RM as going through the normal channels doesn't seem to be working. I spoke with their customer service rep last Thursday regarding issues that I am having with both my ETSX-70 and the shop where I bought it. He said he would speak to the shop and asked me to call him back on Friday. When I called him Friday he hadn't spoken to the shop yet. He said he would contact them on Monday and I asked him to email me after he had done so. It's now Wednesday and I have yet to hear from him and I expect I never will. I am now looking for alternative means to contact RM in order to bring about a resolution to my problem.

Needless to say, I am not at all impressed with either RM customer service or the shop I bought the bike from. I have heard that RM stands behind their bikes but that has definitely not been my experience with them. When I spend that kind of money on a bike, I don't expect to be completely ignored by customer service when the bike has problems. Once the problems are fixed, I will be putting the bike up for sale as I am not at all happy with RM and at this point, I no longer want the bike. If anyone has an email address for RM, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send it my way as I need to get the issues with the bike solved so I can move on and get something different.

Thanks,

RYB

·
Registered
119 Posts
E-mail for Rocky

Any time I have an issue with Rocky Mountain,eg. request a catalogue, warranty issues, advise etc. I just call 604-527-9997. Sorry I do not have the toll free number with me. Now be nice, take a deep breath and their crew will really be nice to you. The same goes when you get pulled over by the cops. If you start foaming at the mouth ranting and Rocky will be just like the cops, it will be a big F.U. I have had great service with the Rocky folks.
Now for the requester that want's to obtain a catalogue, make sure you ask for the proper catalogue (this year it is a real beaut) otherwise they will send you the folded up poster style brochure which is OK if you want to stuff it into your pocket for when you go to the shitter at work.This year's catalogue is a really nice book.Best luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was very courteous and friendly both times I talked to the Rocky rep. So far that type of approach isn't working as all it has gotten me is ignored. When it became obvious that the Rocky rep had no intention of ever getting back to me, I decided to sell the bike and be done with it. However, before I do so, I need to get the issues with it resolved and in order to do that, I need alternative contact information for Rocky as the contacts I have used so far have obviously not been working. Once again, if anyone has email or phone numbers for Rocky (other than the number on their website), please feel free to send them my way.

Thanks,

RYB

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
What issues?

ride_yer_bike said:
I am also looking for email addresses for RM as going through the normal channels doesn't seem to be working. I spoke with their customer service rep last Thursday regarding issues that I am having with both my ETSX-70 and the shop where I bought it. He said he would speak to the shop and asked me to call him back on Friday. When I called him Friday he hadn't spoken to the shop yet. He said he would contact them on Monday and I asked him to email me after he had done so. It's now Wednesday and I have yet to hear from him and I expect I never will. I am now looking for alternative means to contact RM in order to bring about a resolution to my problem.

Needless to say, I am not at all impressed with either RM customer service or the shop I bought the bike from. I have heard that RM stands behind their bikes but that has definitely not been my experience with them. When I spend that kind of money on a bike, I don't expect to be completely ignored by customer service when the bike has problems. Once the problems are fixed, I will be putting the bike up for sale as I am not at all happy with RM and at this point, I no longer want the bike. If anyone has an email address for RM, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send it my way as I need to get the issues with the bike solved so I can move on and get something different.

Thanks,

RYB
What probs are you experiencig with your ETSX 70? I was under the impression it is a very good riding XC bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't been able to put enough miles on the bike to be able to comment on the riding as I have had a number of issues with both the bike and the shop. To give you an idea what the shop is like, it took six weeks from the time I bought the bike until I got it home because they kept forgetting to order the parts I needed to fit it properly. (Also, they have absolutely no clue how to Fit Kit a bike but that's another story.) At any rate, the six week delay wasn't a good sign of what was to come as that hasn't been the only thing they botched.

Within 5 minutes of getting it home, I discovered two problems: the back brake had a huge amount of rub and the front rotor was also rubbing sporadically. How the bike ever got out of the factory with the back brake adaptor that out of whack I'll never know but it doesn't say much for RM quality control. I took it back to the shop and they had to face the brake adapter to get the caliper closer to the frame and get rid of the rub. They did nothing about the front rotor. I have had it back for other things in the meantime and each time I ask them to address the issue with the front rotor but when I get the bike back, it still has the problem. When I ask what they did about the front rotor, they just shrug and say "I don't know." In other words, nothing.

The last time I had the bike in the shop, they once again wanted to send it home with me without fixing the problem but I refused. The mechanics said they don't know what to do about it. Then the manager tried to say that front rotor rub was an inherent property of the bike but I wasn't buying it. He REALLY didn't want to do anything about it but finally said they would bleed the brakes to put the pads further away from the rotor. They bled the BACK brake and only the back brake. Now the back brake lever engages closer to the bar than the front so the front needs to be bled. And I don't know what they did to the front brake but it now rubs on every revolution AND it still has the rotor rub that has been there since day one. So I got it back in worse shape than when I brought it in. Seems that's par for the course with this shop.

Since the shop was only making things worse, I decided to take up the matter with RM. Judging by my last conversation with the Rocky rep, the company's policy is to stand behind the dealer. Regardless of how incompetent the dealer is and even if the dealer is wrong (and yes, the rep DID say that that last part), RM will stand behind them. He was going to talk to the dealer and get back to me Monday but I have yet to hear from him so, like the shop, he is also apparently blowing me off. Needless to say, I'm not impressed. Should other problems with this bike surface later on, it's obvious that RM won't stand behind their product and actually address them.

I talked to the guys at my regular LBS about the brake problem and right off the bat they had about 4 or 5 suggestions on what try to narrow it down and find the source of the problem. Apparently I'm not off the wall on this one because in the past, I had given some of these exact same suggestions to the people at the shop where I bought the bike but they had completely blown me off.They just didn't want to deal with fixing the problem. Now granted, you might say the brake rub is a minor issue but if it's so minor, why won't they fix it? Why should I have to take the bike to another shop and shell out $$ to fix a problem has been there since day one? And if the shop where I bought the bike won't address a minor issue, what's going to happen if I have a major issue? Believe me, that's something I REALLY don't want to deal with at this point.

Lest you think I'm whining just because I have had problems with a bike, that's really not the case. For example, I had to have the shifters on my CX bike replaced 3 times in just over a year because they were defective. I had purchased the bike at my regular LBS and I didn't have to shell out a dime for the repairs. Each time, the shop owner apologized for the problems I had with the bike and replaced the shifters without even batting an eye. That's service after the sale. I would buy another bike from this guy in a heartbeat and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same brand as my CX bike because I know that the I can count on the shop to stand behind what they sell. RM and the shop where I bought the ETSX-70 could learn a lot from this guy. As it stands, it's evident to me that both the shop and RM don't care what happens because they already got my money. And that, I'm afraid, is the bottom line.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The brakes on your bike is a shimano product. You should try to get a hold of your local shimano rep. about your brake problems.It looks like you have a lbs problem more than a rocky mountain customer service problem.Give the rep. another call he might have a lot on his plate and did not have time to adress the problem. :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Like the above poster, to me the issue is with your LBS and Shimano. Bikes come shipped to the bike shops in box's and you just hope that whoever is wrenching together the bikes, know's what they are doing when it comes time to assembly. I really cannot believe that the bike shop cannot get your brakes working properly, it seems they should perhaps think about hiring some certified mecanic's. And then there is Shimano, the largest bike component maker in the world, and once again they are proving useless in provinding help. I have had issues with Shimano regarding disk brakes, and basically they seem to think of themselves of being pretty righteous, and you cannot even order individual part's for their brakes when they do break. I am talking pistons and seals. I raised some issues with Shimano at the spring bike show in Toronto, and then again two weeks ago at the out door show in Woodstock, and I could not believe the Bull he tired to shove down my throat.(I was letting on that I was a novice biker). Magura makes a race facing tool for the disk break tabs, because not all bikes have the tab's faced or faced properly. I am now riding the Martha's.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude,

First off I feel for you. I just bought an ETSX 70 and I love it. I also had a minor problem and mine was fixed immediately at no cost. Also, this shop spent at least an hour with me fitting the bike perfectly. You are, indeed, getting the shaft and you are right to be mad. The bike store should be doing whatever it takes to fix that issue incl. replacing the brakes I'm not sure why you don't want to call the number on Rocky's site. They've been great to me. If I were you I would call that number. If you get the rep again ask to talk to whatever boss of his is in at that time. Talk to the head of cust. service if you have to. They should be leaning on that shop to get you settled. Another option is to call the next closest dealer and tell them your story. Please keep us appraised.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the LBS is the worst one I have ever dealt with. To call them grossly incompetent is a huge understatement and an insult to grossly incompetent bike shops everywhere. And while the brakes are Shimano, the guys at Shimano have no control over how their components are installed and adjusted so I don't feel it's really their fault. If the brakes were defective then yes, it would be. But even if that were the case, the LBS should take care of it, much like my regular LBS took care of the issue with defective Shimano shifters on my CX bike. At any rate, I would expect Shimano to blow me off and tell me to take the problem to the LBS where I bought the bike so contacting Shimano probably wouldn't get me anywhere. So in the end, it's an LBS problem but when they wouldn't take care of it,I escalated it up the ladder and it became a Rocky problem. Rocky picks their dealers and, as such, they need to know when their dealers are doing a terrible job and they need to step in to fix the problem. Unfortunately, that's not happening.

Mrgorth: Glad to hear you had good luck with your Rocky. That sounds like the kind of experience I would most likely have had if I had been able to go through my regular LBS. Oh, and it's "dudette" but hey, no big deal. Actually, my being a "dudette" is probably one of the reasons for the extremely crappy treatment I have received from the LBS. You should have heard the manager try to convince me that brake rub is an inherent property of the bike. He spoke in a VERY condescending tone and he couldn't understand why I wasn't extremely grateful that he had decided to enlighten me with his wisdom. He was expecting me to grovel at his feet and thank him profusely. The conversation started out with "All bikes are different"...(I'm rolling my eyes at this point because I knew what was coming)..."Listen to me! Listen to me!..." and then he went into his spiel about how bikes have different properties and that I should just accept that brake rub is an inherent property of the ETSX-70. I'm sure he figured that since I'm female and since he's Mr. Bike Shop Manager I would buy the story and happily take my bike home and ride it the way it is. After all, I wouldn't know the difference anyway because I'm female, right? Well, he guessed wrong on that one. I'm sure that kind of spiel might work on some of his less-educated customers (regardless of gender) but he picked the wrong customer to try to BS this time around.

There is only one other RM dealer in the state and they don't appear to be much better. I had contacted them about 3-4 years ago when I was shopping for a steel HT. They said they had a Hammer on hand in the size I was looking for. Great! I told them I lived all the way across town (an hour away with absolutely no traffic; two hours with traffic) and that I would take the next day off work to drop by and check out the bike if that was OK. They assured me the bike was there and ready to go anytime I wanted to stop by. When I got there, they checked and discovered the bike wasn't built up. Uh, OK. I tried two more times and each time I got the same results. The third time the manager had personally guaranteed me that the bike absolutely positively would be built up. When I got there, the mechanic said he had a note to build the bike up but there was no way he could do it as it was in the warehouse and he didn't have the keys. Even if he had the keys, he had no way to go there and get the bike as he couldn't leave the shop and even if he could, he didn't have any way to haul it. I told the mechanic not to worry as it wasn't his fault. I left and have never been back. Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with the dealers Rocky has selected. I'm not sure what the criteria is but my guess is that it's a pretty short list.

At this point, I'm not planning to contact Rocky customer service again as I have already done so twice to no avail. The ball is in his court and it's up to him to contact me and resolve the issue but apparently he has no intention of doing so. I had hoped he would but apparently that's not the case. Rocky, much like the LBS, has blown me off so at this point I am going to sell the bike and be done with it. I'm just tired of dealing with the whole thing and want nothing more to do with Rocky. I would like to contact them, however, just to let them know that I am an extremely dissatisfied customer that will never buy another one of their products again. Since no one has an email address for them, it looks like I'll have to go the snail mail route. Anyone know who the President of Rocky is? I'd like to address the letter to his/her attention so having a name would be helpful.

Thanks again for your replies.

RYB

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright. I can't call BC from work. WOuld someone please call Rocky for this dudette and tell them about this thread? Ride yer bike, where are you at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't call BC from work either. I explained that to the customer service rep and that's why I asked him to email me. I'm in Minnesota -- Twin Cities to be exact.

I'd almost expect someone at Rocky to monitor these forums from time to time. I know Dave Turner posts replies on the Turner forum which I thought was rather impressive. The same may be true for other manufacturers. I really don't know as I haven't checked out many of the other manufacturer forums here but it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh and hey, don't worry about calling Rocky. I don't think it will do any good at this point as I have already made up my mind to sell the bike. Even if they were to resolve the current issue, I'd have to go through the local Rocky dealer for any other issues in the future and, quite frankly, I really can't trust them to do anything right. I am really fed up with them so about all I can do is sell the bike and move on. I just can't take the chance of something else going wrong later on as I'd be left holding the bag.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mrgorth: You had asked me to keep you apprised of the situation so here is where it's at.

When I got home yesterday I had a message on my answering machine from Rob at Rocky customer service. Apparently someone alerted him to this thread and he was pretty mad. He defended the bike shop where I bought the bike, saying, for instance, that they had the best mechanic do the fit session and he had spent two hours with me on it. Uh, yeah, that was part of the problem. Generally, a fit session shouldn't take more than a hour if the person knows what he's doing. (Mrgorth: sounds like the guy that did your fit session was right on.) In 2003, I had my normal LBS build me up a hardtail. The guy there is real familiar with how to fit me as he has fitted all of my bikes. The fit session probably took 15 minutes at most, the bike fits like a glove, and both my knee and shoulder are very happy with the fit. But the fit session at the Rocky dealer was a different story.

So Rob and I got into this whole argument about the fit session, of all things, so here's how the session went. To give you a little background, I have had a knee problem since I started riding and I have learned a LOT about fitting during the past 13 years. Granted, fitting a bike involves working around both my knee problem and a shoulder problem but it really isn't a big deal. When I had scheduled the session, I was told to bring in one of my bikes to go by so I brought in my hardtail but for some reason the guy fitting me refused to use it as a guide. He wanted to do it his way. OK, I'll give it a shot. But throughout the whole thing, he didn't want to fit the bike the way I needed it. He started off by setting the saddle more than an inch higher than my normal position. For reference, my normal saddle height is .883 x my inseam. That's the height (and the ONLY height) my knee is happy with and, by pure coincidence, it's also the same figure that a lot of fit systems recommend. But for some reason, the guy that was fitting me absolutely did not want to set my saddle at that height. He wanted to set it where HE would put it, not where my knee needed it to be. I kept telling him that my knee absolutely hated a higher saddle position but no matter what, he didn't want to set the saddle where I needed it to be. And that's pretty much the way everything in the fit session went. Several times, I told him to just use my hardtail as a guide. The geometries of the two bikes are almost identical so it would be real easy to do but every time he refused. Finally about an hour or so into the session, I pointed at my HT and told the guy to set up the ETSX-70 like that bike. He still didn't want to but this time I didn't back down. So that's how the fit session went but Rob was still arguing that the shop spent two hours on it and that they do a good job with their fit sessions. That most definitely was not my experience.

At that point, Rob added in someone else (Kevin) to the call. We discussed the problems I have had with the bike and my general dissatisfaction with entire deal. Obviously, a lot of the problems I had were with the LBS but if the bike had been problem-free, once I left the store with the bike I would never have had to go back and that would have been the end of it. Kevin and Rob asked what I wanted and I said I wanted the bike fixed so I could sell it. At first, they wanted me to just ignore the rotor rub since it doesn't really slow you down when you ride but I didn't find that to be a satisfactory solution. Eventually, they said that I could bring it to the other Rocky dealer here in town to have him fix it but only if I would keep the bike. I told them I don't want to keep the bike, I don't want to stick whoever buys the bike from me with this problem, and I don't want to have to shell out $$ to fix a problem that the bike has had since day one. They then agreed that I could take it to the other Rocky dealer to get it fixed even if I was going to sell it. So, in the end, Rocky did stand behind their product. The do want me to be happy with the bike but unfortunately it's too late for that.

Now, had I not posted here would I have had the same outcome? (BTW, they hate mtbr.) I really can't say because that would be pure speculation at this point. Maybe if I had kept hammering Rob, eventually we may have come to the same agreement that we did yesterday. I may have had to go over his head at some point but we may still have arrived at the same outcome. But should I really have to keep hammering the CS rep, especially when we're dealing with a rather expensive bike? IMHO, no. Ultimately, the bike will (hopefully) be fixed and some will argue that that's all that matters. That's true to some extent. It's important that the bike be fixed but what's also important, at least to me, is the path that I had to take to arrive at this resolution. And that, I'm afraid, is a path I don't want to have to take again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do more can done?

Hi,

I would like to say a few words being the LBS in question. I would also like to defend Rocky Mountain which makes excellent products and did nothing wrong in the manufacturing of the bicycle in question. We have bent over backwards and then some for this individual and are left feeling a little frustrated ourselves. Being a customer service oriented bike shop we do everything within our power to make sure a customer is satisfied with their purchase. Unfortunately we have come to realize that not everyone's "issues" can be resolved but we'll continue doing the best we can. We would be more than happy to explain/resolve this problem if the individual would take the time to ride the bike with us so we can properly evaluate the "issue" rather than slander our name and Rocky Mountain's on the internet. We have countless testimonials over the last 32 years to the quality of our products and services. Unfortunately this individual is not one of them. Thank you for listening.

ride_yer_bike said:
Mrgorth: You had asked me to keep you apprised of the situation so here is where it's at.

When I got home yesterday I had a message on my answering machine from Rob at Rocky customer service. Apparently someone alerted him to this thread and he was pretty mad. He defended the bike shop where I bought the bike, saying, for instance, that they had the best mechanic do the fit session and he had spent two hours with me on it. Uh, yeah, that was part of the problem. Generally, a fit session shouldn't take more than a hour if the person knows what he's doing. (Mrgorth: sounds like the guy that did your fit session was right on.) In 2003, I had my normal LBS build me up a hardtail. The guy there is real familiar with how to fit me as he has fitted all of my bikes. The fit session probably took 15 minutes at most, the bike fits like a glove, and both my knee and shoulder are very happy with the fit. But the fit session at the Rocky dealer was a different story.

So Rob and I got into this whole argument about the fit session, of all things, so here's how the session went. To give you a little background, I have had a knee problem since I started riding and I have learned a LOT about fitting during the past 13 years. Granted, fitting a bike involves working around both my knee problem and a shoulder problem but it really isn't a big deal. When I had scheduled the session, I was told to bring in one of my bikes to go by so I brought in my hardtail but for some reason the guy fitting me refused to use it as a guide. He wanted to do it his way. OK, I'll give it a shot. But throughout the whole thing, he didn't want to fit the bike the way I needed it. He started off by setting the saddle more than an inch higher than my normal position. For reference, my normal saddle height is .883 x my inseam. That's the height (and the ONLY height) my knee is happy with and, by pure coincidence, it's also the same figure that a lot of fit systems recommend. But for some reason, the guy that was fitting me absolutely did not want to set my saddle at that height. He wanted to set it where HE would put it, not where my knee needed it to be. I kept telling him that my knee absolutely hated a higher saddle position but no matter what, he didn't want to set the saddle where I needed it to be. And that's pretty much the way everything in the fit session went. Several times, I told him to just use my hardtail as a guide. The geometries of the two bikes are almost identical so it would be real easy to do but every time he refused. Finally about an hour or so into the session, I pointed at my HT and told the guy to set up the ETSX-70 like that bike. He still didn't want to but this time I didn't back down. So that's how the fit session went but Rob was still arguing that the shop spent two hours on it and that they do a good job with their fit sessions. That most definitely was not my experience.

At that point, Rob added in someone else (Kevin) to the call. We discussed the problems I have had with the bike and my general dissatisfaction with entire deal. Obviously, a lot of the problems I had were with the LBS but if the bike had been problem-free, once I left the store with the bike I would never have had to go back and that would have been the end of it. Kevin and Rob asked what I wanted and I said I wanted the bike fixed so I could sell it. At first, they wanted me to just ignore the rotor rub since it doesn't really slow you down when you ride but I didn't find that to be a satisfactory solution. Eventually, they said that I could bring it to the other Rocky dealer here in town to have him fix it but only if I would keep the bike. I told them I don't want to keep the bike, I don't want to stick whoever buys the bike from me with this problem, and I don't want to have to shell out $$ to fix a problem that the bike has had since day one. They then agreed that I could take it to the other Rocky dealer to get it fixed even if I was going to sell it. So, in the end, Rocky did stand behind their product. The do want me to be happy with the bike but unfortunately it's too late for that.

Now, had I not posted here would I have had the same outcome? (BTW, they hate mtbr.) I really can't say because that would be pure speculation at this point. Maybe if I had kept hammering Rob, eventually we may have come to the same agreement that we did yesterday. I may have had to go over his head at some point but we may still have arrived at the same outcome. But should I really have to keep hammering the CS rep, especially when we're dealing with a rather expensive bike? IMHO, no. Ultimately, the bike will (hopefully) be fixed and some will argue that that's all that matters. That's true to some extent. It's important that the bike be fixed but what's also important, at least to me, is the path that I had to take to arrive at this resolution. And that, I'm afraid, is a path I don't want to have to take again.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
logoffgoride said:
Hi,

I would like to say a few words being the LBS in question. I would also like to defend Rocky Mountain which makes excellent products and did nothing wrong in the manufacturing of the bicycle in question. We have bent over backwards and then some for this individual and are left feeling a little frustrated ourselves. Being a customer service oriented bike shop we do everything within our power to make sure a customer is satisfied with their purchase. Unfortunately we have come to realize that not everyone’s “issues” can be resolved but we’ll continue doing the best we can. We would be more than happy to explain/resolve this problem if the individual would take the time to ride the bike with us so we can properly evaluate the “issue” rather than slander our name and Rocky Mountain’s on the internet. We have countless testimonials over the last 32 years to the quality of our products and services. Unfortunately this individual is not one of them. Thank you for listening.
Logoffgoride,

My first Rocky was an Element TO. I've never had any problems with it. I just recently bought an ETSX-70 from my local Rocky dealer and so far I am extremely impressed with the bike and the dealer. I also understand that not everyone can be satisfied. That said, we ARE talking about a rediculously expensive bike here. Ride_yer_bike should not have had any issues with it at all at that price point. I don't want this to get into a he said/she said type of thing but it seems that your shop was less than sympathetic regarding this. I am pleased that you have offered to make things right and that certainly makes it seem to me that there were some miscommunications along the way. It also helps me keep my warm and fuzzy regarding Rocky though I'm not sure why they don't like MTBR. I've found this site an invaluable source of info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a very expensive bike with which I had never ending shifting problems with it. The LBS I bought it from were great but every 1.5 times I rode it I had to take it back. When the bike was on, I loved it but after around 6 months I got tired of the visits to the LBS and bought a new Enduro, that while heavier has been rock solid. Who knows maybe I got a bad one, judging by the threads in this forum I did, but that is the story. It sits in my garage and I look at it longingly but with the sting of disappointment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
logoffgoride: I will bring the bike to the other Rocky dealer here in town and hopefully that will be the end of it.

As for the shop "bending over backwards" for me, frankly, that's not the feeling that I am coming away with. I don't need or even expect a shop to bend over backwards for me. I just need a shop that will make an effort to fix the problem I'm having with the bike. That hasn't happened so far so now I am looking for alternatives. All I want is to get the bike fixed so that I can sell it and move on. I don't want to stick the buyer with any problems.

Mrgorth: I agree with you that mtbr, as well as other forums and websites, are excellent sources of info. Rob at Rocky doesn't like mtbr because he said 90% of the people just use it to complain about problems. Personally, I don't agree with that assessment but he's certainly entitled to his opinion.

Barn3: Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that. That's just not right. I feel for you because like you, I too am tired of trips to the LBS. Do they have any idea at all what is causing the problem?

·
No Clue Crew
7,647 Posts
At the risk of interrupting the lovefest (and having read far too much whining on this thread), it appears to me that RYB is one of those customers who simply can't be pleased.

Note: I'm just a rider. I don't know the poster, I don't know the shop, I live in AZ and I ride a RM Flow FS.

Seriously? You're going to sell an otherwise sweet bike because the brakes rub? You know RM didn't manufacture your brakes, right? Yes, caliper tabs occasionally need facing or small spacers to line up correctly.

Every disc I've ever seen rubs slightly from being dinged by rocks and gunk. It's just a fact of life.

Rocky Mountain customer service can't make your discs perfectly straight. Hell, they'll probably be glad to pawn you off to another company. I don't mean any disrespect, but your issues sound pretty minor to me.
d

·
Registered
5 Posts
ride yer bike,

its so easy to point fingers at everyone else as to what the problems are with your bike, the service or "lack of" as you say, the treatment from the lbs, the lack of support from RMB, but there is one simple point you are missing; I worked in a bike shop for a number of years, you are the kind of customer that is never satisfied. your the customer that comes into the shop on a saturday afternoon, sales floor packed and want to use the air compressor and get pissed off when no one wants to help you. I have never met you, never want to. BUT, for you to come onto this forum and spread crap about an amazing company with great products, slam your local LBS and just generally stir up the forum like a little school girl who got sour milk in her lunch is just poor taste. you should be ashamed of yourself. maybe you should just go... ride yer bike. if your brakes don't rub too much that is... what a joke, pull your head out of your ass lady, they are disc brakes.... duh? :eek:

Blatant said:
At the risk of interrupting the lovefest (and having read far too much whining on this thread), it appears to me that RYB is one of those customers who simply can't be pleased.

Note: I'm just a rider. I don't know the poster, I don't know the shop, I live in AZ and I ride a RM Flow FS.

Seriously? You're going to sell an otherwise sweet bike because the brakes rub? You know RM didn't manufacture your brakes, right? Yes, caliper tabs occasionally need facing or small spacers to line up correctly.

Every disc I've ever seen rubs slightly from being dinged by rocks and gunk. It's just a fact of life.

Rocky Mountain customer service can't make your discs perfectly straight. Hell, they'll probably be glad to pawn you off to another company. I don't mean any disrespect, but your issues sound pretty minor to me.
d

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.