Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Tahoe in a couple of weeks and debating between analog and electric for my steed.
Anyone have any experience or recommendations on riding E in Tahoe? Any restrictions to be aware of? Probably be mostly in the Truckee area but finish out on Toads

·
Registered
55 Posts
Trailforks is the easiest way to see what you can ride. The Tahoe Rim Trail is off limits to ebikes, as is Toads and Armstrong Connector. Corral and incense Cedar are open though. Also the relatively new Stinger trail is apparently a popular choice for ebikers.

·
Bipolar roller
1,599 Posts
Trailforks is the easiest way to see what you can ride. The Tahoe Rim Trail is off limits to ebikes, as is Toads and Armstrong Connector. Corral and incense Cedar are open though. Also the relatively new Stinger trail is apparently a popular choice for ebikers.
Portion of rim trail within Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park allows ebikes as Nevada state parks allow ebikes, both Class 1 and class 2 with throttle.

Flume trail would be one to hit up for sure as the views are awesome and do some exploring in the spooner back country. If your staying in truckee then you can drive over to incline village and park at the head of the brand new paved bike path that goes from incline village to Sand Harbor. Ride the bike path to tunnel creek rd and take that up to flume trail, trt, Marlette Lake and other trails (Map below and link). Bring a swim suit and a inflatable floaty so you can jump in and relax at Sand Habar after your ride. ;)

Flume Trail with Sand Harbor about 1,600' below:
(pic stolen from internet)

View attachment 1261641

Yellow Text White Line Colorfulness

http://parks.nv.gov/forms/Spooner_backcountry_map.pdf

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
12,275 Posts
Looks like some clarification as to where Class 1 Pedelec's will be allowed to ride on "non-motorized" trails, but Class 2 and 3 still illegal.https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-news/class-1-emtbs-access-more-trails-after-tahoe-natl-forest-clarifies-rules/

This doesn't mean that class 1 eMTBs are free to roam anywhere around Tahoe, however. There are a few other land management districts in the area that still do not allow class 1 eMTBs on non-motorized trails. The Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit (LTBMU) which surrounds the perimeter of the lake holds the stance that eMTBs "are motorized vehicles. Use of motor-assisted bicycles is only allowed on motorized trails."

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
As far as Toads in concerned: Not a local, but I've heard there have been lots of ebikes lately in the Armstrong-Toads area. I can't imagine anybody's checking or really cares.

I'll be riding next week from Luther Pass-Armstrong, but it might be my last time doing it on an acoustic bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.