Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going up there next week-gettin' out of town when the DNC comes to town. so, anybody got any suggestions or words of wisdom for a first-timer up there? i've heard it's a great place to ride-some awesome s/t etc. how 'bout places to eat/drink post ride? looking to have some 'steel rail' on tap-it's been a while. thanks

·
customized
3,123 Posts
When you pay for your pass, the person working will give you whatever kind of route you wanna ride. Trust me, they pick them good. A few trails I would highly recommend are Kitchel heading back to the parking lot, Tody's Tour going downhill at full speed and Webs as fast as you dare. There are many many other great trails, those are just a few of my favorites.

Louis

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
When you pay for your pass, the person working will give you whatever kind of route you wanna ride. Trust me, they pick them good. A few trails I would highly recommend are Kitchel heading back to the parking lot, Tody's Tour going downhill at full speed and Webs as fast as you dare. There are many many other great trails, those are just a few of my favorites.

Louis
Dont forget Dead Moose and Moose alley. If you want to ride more tech. terrain stay closer to the mountain. Fast super buff singletrack is located further away. Bemis is a sweet section as well.

Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
yogreg said:
Dont forget Dead Moose and Moose alley. If you want to ride more tech. terrain stay closer to the mountain. Fast super buff singletrack is located further away. Bemis is a sweet section as well.

Greg
DONT FORGET WIDOW MAKER-and grab some grub and a few brews after u ride across from the bike shop!

B

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Always counter clockwise. Start at the bike shop and ride up the paved hill.

I've never ridden with you, but I promise this route will be on your top five of all time. It certainly is #1 on my list.

Louis

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went up for the first time 2 weeks ago.
DOn't miss Webs, 30 seconds of bliss.
Did the route plus some other stuff here and there to get some more mileage in.

The Pub Outback is a nice eat/drink place.
Wasn't impressed with F.Scott's tavern, should have gone to Trout River Brewery instead.

Have fun, the Trail office was much friendlier than the bike shop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
e.burke

got back this weekend-& i had a blast. to all those who made suggestions, thanks they were spot on. to those intending to try the NE kingdom, don't hesitate. lots of great trails, you'll never ride them all but, i'm hoping to give it another go next year. the outback pub is perfect for after ride brews-$2.50 for trout (something or other) drafts-can't beat that.

·
Mountain biking fanatic!
54 Posts
Where to stay?

Hi gang,

Great info on Kingdom, enough that we are heading down from Ottawa to check them out this weekend (Aug 13-14). Been looking forward to checking out New England riding for a long time

Can anyway suggest a good place to stay? To simplify the trip, we're trying to avoid the camping gear but don't want to be disruptive to a 120 year old lady and her brown dog at a B&B, when we drag in after a ride (or from the tavern).

Suggestions on places nearby - perhaps the Inn?

Thanks in advance,

Uncle_Mike

·
CB
48 Posts
Heading there from NY this weekend...

Will be staying at the Inn at Mountain View Farm. Seems very bike friendly, they tell me they have a place to keep bikes. If you go to the Kingdom site you'll find links to places to stay. Weather is looking a little wet, though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looking for local tour guide

A buddy of mine and I are heading down to the Kingdom trails this weekend from Ottawa.
I was wondering if any locals, or others, could act as possible guides to show us the more challenging technichal trails. The map in a previous post above seems like a good starting point, but finding the trails are usually harder than first thought.

If you see two lost riders, both on red intense tracers, please show us the way. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.