Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

E-bikes on your local mountain bike trails?

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since it is impossible to have an intelligent, impartial discussion in the e-bike forum, maybe we can have one in the general forum. How do you feel about e-bikes on your local mountain bike trails?

A). No problem. They won't cause any issues.

B). I think they will be ok on some trails for disabled users.

C). Depends on the class and restrictions.

D) I think they should be allowed on motorized trails only.

This isn't a complete poll, but I think it captures the majority of opinions.

By the way, here's a link to a similar poll in the e-bike forum. Apparently, us anti-ebike people were "owned" here.

http://forums.mtbr.com/e-bikes/against-pedal-assist-e-mtbs-usa-1066581.html

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
D, every day, all day. Our trails are on logging company land, and their rules are clear. No motorized vehicles, and our mtb organization has banned them so far. There are plenty of moto and trials moto trails in the area.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Super D.

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
My local trails get a lot of traffic and they are directional. If ebikes become common, passing is going to be a mess.

So… D it is.

G

·
Should be allowed on some trails. Motorcycles are not allowed on ANY trails within 100 miles of here due to noise. There is no reason to be that restrictive on ebikes.
yes there is, and if your unable to reach the appropriate conclusion as to why, well......

·
membership renounced
1,447 Posts
While I don't personally have a problem with e-bikes on any trails, it's probably best to just treat them the same as motorcycles for the sake of clarity on trail access. And there's already enough conflict, do we really need to bring in another user group?

Another reason to treat them as motorcycles is that there aren't nearly enough moto trails in my area, and if the e-bike thing takes off like they claim it might lead to increased OHV trail development.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I'm astounded that this thread hasn't devolved into heated arguments yet.

DDDDDDDD!!!

·
Your Best Friend
5,370 Posts
Who cares what anyone posts here or wants. It's not going to change anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 385 Posts