Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 110mm 5-bolt srs system for my bike but now I'm not sure if I can put it on. Even the mechanic at my bike shop isn't sure. I have a bmx bottom bracket with no iscg mounts. Is it possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Gussett euro cups

pntballpunk51 said:
I bought a 110mm 5-bolt srs system for my bike but now I'm not sure if I can put it on. Even the mechanic at my bike shop isn't sure. I have a bmx bottom bracket with no iscg mounts. Is it possible?

Thanks
BTI , has a cup system made by Gussett a U.K. based company , the cup system has ICGS tabs machined into the cups , you then can thread a euro b/b into this cup also .
This may be the best way to go .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have 3 piece style cranks

Mr Rid.-what exactly did you file down?

Evil4BC-Do you have to order it through bti because that isn't possible for me?

Are there any other options?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
check this out !

pntballpunk51 said:
Yes I have 3 piece style cranks

Evil4BC-Do you have to order it through bti because that isn't possible for me?

Are there any other options?

Thanks
Hey check this out !
Not too sure who else besides BTI carries them , go to your local bike shop or and R.E.I.
store and ask them to order you this part from the BTI catolouge , there a HUGE bicycle parts distrubuter and most shops order from them .

Here's the link to the part on the Gussett bikes website also , I had first thought it was a
U.S. to euro converter , it look like the standard bmx 3pc bb bearing similer to the profile just presses into it ...... well here see for your self .
https://www.gussetbikes.com/gusset/product_images/large/bbgu-icgs-cup.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just filed down the mount. I don't know the exact name of it, but it's the mount thing that comes with your chainguide, . It's the part that you have to put onto your bb, then thread back in, and the boomerang connects to. It was just a hair to small to fit over top of the threads, so i just filed it down ever so slightly, and presto. I also didn't have iscg, so it's definatly possible to do. I hope you can understand what I did, I cause I realize I'm not good at describing stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.