Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the DRS come with the E type boomerang adapter, or do I have to order one specially? ALso, I've been told I'll need the adapter w/ my Gemini, can someone explain a little more about the adapter and why its needed?

·
Professional Troll
2,716 Posts
It doesn't come with the etype boomerang, you need to order it seperately. BTI carries them. You dont need the gemini adaptor plate. thats only for SRS

·
Metal Head
159 Posts
e13

e13 stuff rocks!! I use the DRS on my Saint cranks and the SRS on my FSA Pounders!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gemini2k05 said:
It doesn't come with the etype boomerang, you need to order it seperately. BTI carries them. You dont need the gemini adaptor plate. thats only for SRS
Can you put up a link? I can't find any on the BTI site.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hbfrdh1 said:
One thing I've never known.....what's the difference between a regular and an e-type bb?
I just learned this today, its the e type front derailleur, and its special just b/c it connects directly to the bottom bracket.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hbfrdh1 said:
Really??? How does it do that? If you have a pic, that would be cool; thanks.
You are already way over my head, i just learned that thats where the derailleur connects today, I'm with you....I dont know much else, sorry

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
So pretty much, then, an e-type bb has ISCG tabs, and the derailleur can attach to one or more of those tabs? Is that right?

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
No. The e-type der. gets sandwiched between the bottom bracket and the bottom bracket shell of the frame. The der. is also bolted to the frame for more support.
ISCG tabs are used for chain retention devices like MRP's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts