Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used the e.13 DRS Chainguide? I'm looking to put one on my bullit but I might just go for a single speed for the summer shuttle runs. Does anyone have any recommendations? Today was my first day riding where I noticed I wanted to go faster than I could accelerate with my saint dual chainring set up. I just pedaled but there was no torque. What size chainrings do you use?

·
Registered
649 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
Has any one used the e.13 DRS Chainguide? I'm looking to put one on my bullit but I might just go for a single speed for the summer shuttle runs. Does anyone have any recommendations? Today was my first day riding where I noticed I wanted to go faster than I could accelerate with my saint dual chainring set up. I just pedaled but there was no torque. What size chainrings do you use?
You seem a little confused, do you want to run dual rings or singlespeed? Singlespeed will mean that you either have to gear it high and suffer with crappy low speed pedalling, or gear it low and suffer with crappy high speed pedalling.
The Saint dual ring set-up comes with 22-32 i think, you would probably be better off with something like 26-36 instead. Truvativ make a Holzfeller with that size dual ring set-up, don't know if it will work with the Saint and e-13 combined, but it probably would.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
I'm thinking of sticking with the saint cranks for local trail riding and buying a single speed with a few more teeth for when I go to downieville or Northstar.
:confused:

why not just get a differnt chainring instead of crankset?

i'm running ss (like no gears in the back either) w/ a 38 up front and a 18 in the back and i can climb etc... pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.