Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Flat out
12 Posts
Sorry, no built specifications - just plain pictures. Most people said that they dont like the blue colour, when they saw the frame naked first. But when I built the bike up with the blue brakes and the fox forks with blue decals most of the guys changed their mind and where just blown away by the clean look of my bike.

Attachments

·
tardcore
821 Posts
Great looking bike 26Zoll! I would have gone with Bluestreak if my LBS had it in stock. I'm far too impatient to wait so I just went with what they had. If DT offered Brownstreak I would have gone with that just for the name alone ;) Come on DT 2010 could be the debut of Brownstreak, think about it.

·
Sup?
639 Posts
DW GreenSpot (or is that the 5GSpot!?)

Shakedown ride pictures.. before I trimmed up the front brake line..
Build Spec Here:

More blow by blow analysis...
Build thread here:
ob: frame on couch shots here:

Saved on the build by doing it myself and pulling parts from all over the 'internets' and from friends.

Attachments

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Decender's clean, coiled, custom DWL Spot. No build thread, but CCDB, Fox 36, gold details. Would like to see more pics of this rig.

Whomever said that Turner's fit and finish were less than cool needs a straightjacket and some festoonery skillz.

Attachments

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Can I nominate myself?

As Turners keep getting more and more refined, the ride just keeps getting better and better. As with all my previous Turners - this ones simply rips! It still has that low-slung feeling my previous Spots and the RFX had along with better bump absorbing abilities and a much more capable climber.

Bike setup:
* Frame Size & Color: Large - British Racing Green
* Rear Shock: RP23
* Fork: Lyrik Air
* Brakes: Juicy Ultimate 185/160
* Shifter: X9 twisties
* Cranks: LX Hollowtech
* Bashguard: Race Face that's spent some time with a grinder
* Front Deraileur: Sram
* Rear Derailleur: X9
* Pedals: Eggbeaters
* Stem: Thomson
* Handlebar: Truvativ Boobar 780mm of love!!!
* Seatpost: Woodman in pimp gold
* Saddle: WTB
* Cassette: Sram, the red one, 990 I think?
* Headset: King Bling!
* Grips: squishy foam
* Front Tire: WTB Weirwolf 2.5, sometimes a Timberwolf 2.7, mmmm.....
* Front Rim: Velocity
* Front Hub: King Bling!
* Rear Tire: WTB Mutano-Raptor and another I can't remember when the Timberwolf is on
* Rear Rim: Velocity
* Rear Hub: King Bling!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
• 26Zoll.com • said:
Sorry, no built specifications - just plain pictures. Most people said that they dont like the blue colour, when they saw the frame naked first. But when I built the bike up with the blue brakes and the fox forks with blue decals most of the guys changed their mind and where just blown away by the clean look of my bike.
Hey 26Zoll, Do you have a spec list for your bike? I'm about to build a Blue Streak [email protected] 5 Spot this weekend and wouldnt mind some inspiration! I love the subtle Blue/Gold combo! I think thats the nicest colour combo that you can do with the Blue Streak frame!

·
Flat out
12 Posts
Hi Izyboy,

here we go:

Bike setup:
* Frame Size & Color: M - blue streak
* Rear Shock: FOX DHX Air 5.0 (modified Bottom-Out adjuster to fit in the frame)
* Fork: Fox 32 Talas FIT RLC 150 QR 15
* Brakes: Juicy Ultimate 185/185/ SID blue
* Disks: Brake Authority
* Shifter: XO
* Cranks: Truvativ Stylo OCT - 2 rings
* Bashguard: Shimano SLX
* Front Deraileur: Shimano XT
* Rear Derailleur: XO
* Pedals: Time ATAC
* Stem: Syntace Superforce - 60mm
* Handlebar: Sunline V1, 711mm
* Seatpost: Specialized Command Post (looses air all the time- will be swapt to Gravitydropper)
* Saddle: SDG Bel Air
* Cassette: Sram
* Headset: Acros Big Balls special edition
* Grips: Salsa Lock on
* Front Tire: Coninental Rubber Queen 2.4, swapped to Schwalbe Muddy Mary Gooey Glooey now because of the bad weather here in europe...
* Frontwheel: Shimano XT QR15
* Rear Tire: pic: Conti, but most of the time Highroller 2.35
* Rearwheel: Roval Traverseé

·
Flat out
12 Posts
nickhart said:
hey 26zoll, two questions. how did you do the lighting cos that's no simple camera flash and i know the dw spot is good and stable but i'm guessing there's something holding yours up.....
Thats magic:D

No, its very, very simple - camera on a tripod ( 2 sec. exposure, remote triggered), 1 flash on the left, 1 one the right - also remote activated but manually, not by the camera.
But a elastic band round one brakelever and a right sized glass bottle unterneath one pedal.
Get the picture dialed and erase the bottle with photoshop...thats it.

By the way: whats up with the hartlett? I did a article about it a few years ago for the german bike mag "bike sport news". Any news?

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
mmm it had the feel of a pro!
the hartlett is still there, we're having a bit of an disagreement with a significant company with whom we have a contract. they say they haven't used it and we say that although they haven't used it in it's simplest form they are contravening our patent and therefore need to pay us some money.
we have been working with a couple of uk companies developing prototypes for them and have a working partner in the USA, MRP. part of the problem is we can't give a discount on a groupset if you use our axle........if you get my drift!
oh and charlie moved to new zealand and i got cancer but other than that we're still on with it!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Large Iron Glimmer

Here's mine, freakin unbelievable bikes these DW Spots are!

DW Spot Large Iron Glimmer
MX Tune DHX 500lb Ti Spring
2010 RS Relevation Dual Air U-Turn with PUSH kit.
Crank Bros Iodine All mountain wheelset, Iron Anod
Maxxis High Roller 2.35 LUST tubeless.
Avid Elixer Carbon brakes, 185mm rotors.
SRAM XO shifters with matchmaker clamps
Spank 777, 2" rise bars, 30.9" wide!
Truvativ 60mm 0 rise stem
Cane Creek Headset
Peaty Lock grips, PEATY, World Champ!!
Shimano SLX crankset.
Crank Bros Mallet 2 pedals.
Crank Bros Joplin post
Sram XO rear der
Shimano XT front
PG990 11-34 cassette

Complete weight, as shown: 32lbs 3 oz's