Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Your Best Friend
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caution!!! Spandex content!

I was reading the "decline of the Turner forum" thread and figured that if more people want pictures...we should post them up. I don't post many of mine because I felt I didn't do the normal crazy stuff with my Sultan that everyone seems to like. However after thinking about it, hell, we should all just start posting up ride pics. It is raining like hell here and all I have is my computer and the stuff you all post to keep me going.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

Pics from Saturdays Deer Valley XC race.

Attachments

·
Wicketed
607 Posts
Yeah, racing! Bring on the dw nitrous DT!
Pity the people in the second pic clearly don't appreciate a blinged up Turner.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,762 Posts
What do you mean caution spandex. is there any other material to ride in? I was told long ago that if you get off the back and wore baggies, you would get them caught on the saddle...was i told wrong?
Baggies are for people with adjustable seatposts.
Thanks for the pics. I hope you are enjoying racing the Sultan :thumbsup:

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
IMO - nothing beats lycra bibs for racing comfort and heat control. Baggies are nice too, but not in hot weather.

Are you supposed to shave your legs if you race in spandex/lycra?

Anyway - back on topic. Non-DW Sultan at the races....

·
Your Best Friend
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go Army!!!

My wife told me once that if I ever shaved my legs, she'd stop shaving hers until her leg hairs were the same length as mine used to be. I have never been tempted since:eekster:

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Silentfoe said:
Go Army!!!

My wife told me once that if I ever shaved my legs, she'd stop shaving hers until her leg hairs were the same length as mine used to be. I have never been tempted since:eekster:
I have the black Army Strong jersey with the yellow stripe as well. I often get mistaken for Lance Armstrong while wearing that (Live Strong) so I have to be judicious when I break that one out. :D

I didn't realize the high res images the professional photog would take at the races would amplify my wookie-ness. I have enough leg hair to be a distant cousin to Chewbaca. :eek:

·
Your Best Friend
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally did it. I broke under 27lbs! Ok, just barely but it is still under. Everything is all in place, no cheating here. I could lose a bit more if I went to a hollowpin chain or a KMC 9ti chain. I'll wait until the current one wears out.

Pics for proof. Sorry for the crappy quality.

This is an XL by the way.

Attachments

·
Your Best Friend
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Saturdays race at Solitude Ski Resort. I've never climbed so much in my life. 1600ft of elevation every 6 mile lap. I had to do three of them. I'm still dead. This great shot was at least a happy downhill moment. I'm still not smiling though :eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.