Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it snowed nearly 2' here in Ft Collins early in the week, figured there would be no good riding for a while.........boy was I wrong:thumbsup: Coming from Bend OR, where once you get your 1st good snow, pretty much all of the good trails (up higher) are done for the season, so it is a nice welcome surprise to have conditions far different here. Today was a perfect sunny day in the 60's & not another rider on the trail. This trail is called Ginny. Built by mountain bikers, for mountain bikers. It is a 5.4 mile up / 5.4 down. The DH takes about 12 1/2 Minutes if you are pinned at race speed & don't make any mistakes. The trail is a good one to build the DH skills, as it has great visibility & you can see pretty far ahead for peep's climbing up. Pure rocky mountain goodness! And man do I love my bike:D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Dude! It was beautiful down in the Boulder area, too, but trails haven't really dried out yet. That DW Spot is something, isn't it? Had you demo'd one before you bought one? It pretty much does everything well...and it's fast up and down.

·
i can't type the letter s
1,093 Posts
Thanks Stu. That's one thing I learned when I lived in CO, you can ride pretty close to year round on quite a few front range trails. (it still was cold for me though)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xcguy said:
Dude! It was beautiful down in the Boulder area, too, but trails haven't really dried out yet. That DW Spot is something, isn't it? Had you demo'd one before you bought one? It pretty much does everything well...and it's fast up and down.
I was able to demo Darren's from PUSH for a couple weeks with close to the same setup I have now. It does do everything well, I love this rig, especially the downhill, you can really let this bike rip anything!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weaver84 said:
InkPad, How do you like those Iodine wheels? Been thinking about going that route myself--
Only have 1 ride on them, so far so good. They replaced my 819's on Hadley hubs, rear Iodine was 5 oz's lighter, which was a surprise.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flyer said:
Colorado is grand, isn't it? That Spot is built up beefy too.
CO is great :thumbsup: Spot is built for speed, not for weight, but still a respectable 32lbs 3 oz's :D

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Nice! How long have you been in CO inkpad? If you ever make the trek a little further south, we have some really good riding down here around Lyons. I'd be happy to show you around. Good looking Spot there, too :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
InkPad, can you please review your fork ? It's RVL 2010, right ? Team or Race ? Did you have it Pushed ?

Thanks, serhij

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
ignazjr said:
Nice! How long have you been in CO inkpad? If you ever make the trek a little further south, we have some really good riding down here around Lyons. I'd be happy to show you around. Good looking Spot there, too :)
(and ignazjr would love to ride your Spot while showing you around :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ignazjr said:
Moved here from Bend Oregon in June, loving it so far. I have heard a bit about Lyons, would love to hit it up sometime. My wife has ridden there once & told me all about it. I am limited to weekend rides, so keep me posted on when riding conditions are good & I'll hit you up for a ride.

Cheers,
Stu

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
serhij said:
InkPad, can you please review your fork ? It's RVL 2010, right ? Team or Race ? Did you have it Pushed ?

Thanks, serhij
It is the 2010 Revelation Team, 150mm dual air u-turn. Fork is amazing right out of the box, very smooth travel & can take bit hits / rock gardens very well. I do have a new PUSH kit in it now. I came off a 2008 Fox Talas 36RC2, also an amazing fork, but the Rev is 14oz lighter ; )

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know it's great :) Already have 2010 RVL Team 150 DualAir U-turn in my 5-pack (now 29,32 lbs with Gravity Dropper ;-) ). I was just wondering how Push tuned rides compering to stock Revelation...

Thanks, serhij

·
Registered
232 Posts
inkpad said:
Only have 1 ride on them, so far so good. They replaced my 819's on Hadley hubs, rear Iodine was 5 oz's lighter, which was a surprise.
How about an update on the Iodine? Just haven't seen a lot of reviews out there, Other than people complaining about having to look at the Orange.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts