Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled my RC4 out to send for service and it's got different styles of reducer. The back reducer is a sleeve and two spacers. The front is the old style two top hats (which never last long in my experience so I'm surprised I got two seasons out of them without play developing).

Bike and shock were new from Turner HQ.

I think the shock service will put new DU bushings into the shock. Should I update my reducers to the new style Fox Polymer, or just swap out my top hat for a RockShox 3 piece kit keeping my rear 3-piece reducer?

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
The front alu inserts must have been for weight savings or just trying to get rid of some old parts. I would think you could specify on the service order whether to install old style bushings or if they see one is still in there they will replace it. I've gotten long life out of my dhr front but switched the rear to a bearing, the old style in the rear eyelet had a very short life span. I also still have replacement brass bushings and the tool and trying to use up the old parts. If you want to switch to the new style bushings make sure and tell them so you don't have to remove a new old style brass one. Probably best to run the fox polymer ones front and rear unless you have a RS one laying around to put to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts