Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a PSA than anything else. Figure it could be helpful info for those of us big guys who struggle with suspension setup.

My Ripmo came with a DVO Topaz 3 that I sent in to DVO for a custom tune. My buddy who owns a shop suggested it to me and said it was only around $100. When a technician called me to discuss the tune and I told him I was 275lbs and probably 5-10lbs more while riding, it didn't faze him at all. He told me he had just done a tune for a guy who was well over 300. If the shock hadn't gotten lost in the mail on the way back to me, the turn around should've only been 2-3 weeks and it cost me all of $87 with shipping. Took it out last week to test it out and super impressed. I had it in my head that a simple shock like that Topaz was inferior to what I'd been riding, but with the tune, it's pretty damn good! And the tune was A LOT cheaper than any other custom tuning outfit I'd used in the past. DVO also does custom tunes for their forks and my buddy I mentioned earlier who weighs around 265 swears by them these days.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.