1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MTB Monkey
339 Posts
It's not a dab...

bigboulder said:
1. This guy is a Stud

2. This guy too:rolleyes:
It's not a dab until your foot touches the ground.

Or maybe Fast Eddy is such a stud he was pedaling up it with one foot. Just cause he can.
Yeah, I didn't make it either.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Is the trail to big boulder covered with snow? I was hoping to ride that this weekend for the first time, and hope its not too hard to find the trail!

looks like a great time.. bummed I missed it :(

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Snow

No, BB has maybe one small patch of snow under some trees...it will be gone by the time you get there which is too bad cuz it was a nice clean patch and was great for filling the camel back with ice cold water for the trip down.

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
grrrah said:
another question.. .is crossing pauley creek rideable, or is the water high enough to warrant walking across?

I am getting ansy too!
Out of 17, I was the only one to ride across.

Others walked or tipped over, or....

I think riding across depends largely on your willingness to "go for it"/technical skill.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
I didn't want to dunk my BB and hubs.
Smart move.

After just rebuilding my King rear hub (which is easy with access to the right tools - a must),
I have to say that deep water ain't worth the "badge of honor" if you're early into a 10-day
MTB epic-riding vacation or sumptin'.

Water and mud ain't too bad if you can simply wash it off. It gets bad when it migrates deep
into the bowels of your steed and you don't have the tools to properly clean it out.

But sure enough, some of the best crowd pleasers are when you throw caution to the wind
and do something, well, stupid. I go stupid quite often. With or without a crowd. :)

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
Evil Patrick said:
But sure enough, some of the best crowd pleasers are when you throw caution to the wind
and do something, well, stupid. I go stupid quite often. With or without a crowd. :)
It was very easy to ride, actually. There was no crowd pleasing or stupid bravado.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Zonic Man said:

I think riding across depends largely on your willingness to "go for it"/technical skill.
I understand now - that's not an afro - it's just the natural hairline covering an extremely large head!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Zonic Man said:

Zonic Man said:
It was very easy to ride, actually. There was no crowd pleasing or stupid bravado.
I guess you're saying the walkers and tippers couldn't do the "very easy to ride" sections? Well,
very easy for you. [insert fingernail buffing here]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.