Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe this is some sort of unconscious new years resolution on my part, but I am going to try and make a habit of posting regular progress reports on the work being done on the Dirt Corps Line at Duthie, which we call Semper Dirticus (which is also our motto :) )

First up, we finally got the wall fully framed and have a temporary plywood deck on it so that we are able to test it and tweak it before we commit to milled/split cedar planking
Vegetation Nature Natural environment Leaf Plant community

Then we also tweaked the take-off on the cedar coaster above it to reduce some of the buck. Having a tree top blow down on the structure in that spot prompted us finally to make the change.
Wood Natural environment Hardwood Forest Wood stain

As you can see in this pic, the lip is much more gradual and flatter... and it makes a difference when you ride it.
Wood Natural environment Hardwood Forest Toy

We'd also been discussing the idea of putting a side kicker next to the coaster for those days when the wood is wet, or you just want to skip the pedal needed to step-up onto the coaster... So we built one.
Wood Lumber Village

And then this last shot is MattPatt testing the new side shooter. Works like a charm and the speed coming off it is nice.
Clothing Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Mountain biking Downhill mountain biking

Hoping folks can get out there and enjoy it soon. Take care and have fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
teders said:
Damn that looks like alot of fun.

@DirtCorps do you ride trails like this with or without clips and shoes?
@Teders - we pretty much always ride flat pedals with 5.10 shoes which hook up so good it feels like you're clipped in. I personally also like to ride in a pair of worn out old mud boots... but that's just me :)

--matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
teders said:
Damn that looks like alot of fun.

@DirtCorps do you ride trails like this with or without clips and shoes?
@Teders - we pretty much always ride flat pedals with 5.10 shoes which hook up so good it feels like you're clipped in. I personally also like to ride in a pair of worn out old mud boots... but that's just me :)

--matt

·
Registered
258 Posts
teders said:
Damn guys that is a siiick course.

where is this? or is it some top secret heaven you guys made just for the cool kids.
Duthie Hill is a new (actually still under construction) mountain biking park and is 30 mins East of Seattle, WA roughly between the cities of Issaquah, Fall City and Sammamish.

http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Duthie_Hill

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
teders said:
ohh whaat!!!?? seattle? i thought i was looking at a local thread from virginia. heh i dont think ill be seeing duthie park anytime soon, still looks sooo fun.
These things don't happen overnight. JVP (Juice here) was in negotiations with the county parks dept. for over 5 years before a shovel was even put to dirt. Ya gotta think long-term if you're gonna end up with a skills park like this.

EB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.