Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
mother nature just lost my vote...the trails were clear yesterday, some areas are to get 40cm today

i'm trying to get some info from MNR, but may not here until tonight

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JM01 said:
mother nature just lost my vote...the trails were clear yesterday, some areas are to get 40cm today

i'm trying to get some info from MNR, but may not here until tonight
40 cm is ski or snowshoe weather! Yippie! I don't know when I'm going to have time to clean and wax my skiis though.

Post whatever conditions you have for Durham and I'll check in the morning.

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
my MNR contacts are in Collingwood/wasaga beach & Ostler/massassauga...its rare that they talk to other offices, but i'll ask

Ostler tells me that there is light snow today but very windy...i'll be heading out to wasaga shortly and see for myself what its like...

but you're right, if we can't ride the trails tomorrow, we should have up to 30km of groomed XC trails, and they usually charge half price ($4.00) this early in the season, miles of snowshoe trails and parking are always free

enjoy the weekend and we can compare notes on monday

if you want some fun, try riding into this NW gale going on out there today, took me over an hour to get home and i'm soked

cheers

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
what a crappy weekend for riding...snow was not too deep but too fresh to ride the trails, so we stuck to riding the roads but the wind was brutal, especially on Saturday

Good thing is that our XC ski trails open today and about 30km of trails will be groomed by Friday with the back country snow shoe trails already open....

Plan is that we close the office Dec 15, back on Jan 3...then to retire in March (there really is a freedom 55...who knew?)

looks like my stable up here is ready to hibernate (except for the winterbikes)

Attachments

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
Monday morning in Wasaga

Braids said:
40 cm is ski or snowshoe weather! Yippie! I don't know when I'm going to have time to clean and wax my skiis though.

Post whatever conditions you have for Durham and I'll check in the morning.
looks like its time for the skiis

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Conditions Good at Durham

Rode Durham/Walker/Glen Major on Saturday and Sunday. Conditions are good. Only a couple of cm's of snow - not enough to ski on. As long as we don't get dumped on this week they should still be good next weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Borderline

Well, we got the snow last week I was hoping wouldn't happen. Conditions are borderline but still rideable - slow going and some hills have to be walked. We're supposed to get more snow this week so it could be time for skis.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Draystex said:
Well, we got the snow last week I was hoping wouldn't happen. Conditions are borderline but still rideable - slow going and some hills have to be walked. We're supposed to get more snow this week so it could be time for skis.
Please keep us posted on conditions especially if it's enough for skiing or snow shoes. I doubt I'll be able to go this weekend because running around I have to do but it would be great to have enough snow for the holidays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.