Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in the latest DR about the Durango Mtn 100. A $500.00 bonus for doing it under 9 hours. No one has done it yet?! Are we going to see a Mike C, Nat Ross, or Cameron type person take home the honours?

Please discuss!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
bigwheelboy_490 said:
I was reading in the latest DR about the Durango Mtn 100. A $500.00 bonus for doing it under 9 hours. No one has done it yet?! Are we going to see a Mike C, Nat Ross, or Cameron type person take home the honours?

Please discuss!
Might happen if it does not rain. The first runnings have been greasy slop-fests.

The Cascade Cream Puff 100 offers the "Matt Chester Hammer Bonus." $400 for an overall win on a singlespeed. Stella Carey won the women's MC Hammer Bonus 2 years ago (and won her 3rd straight title last year - second win on SS).

The men's Bonus is still up for grabs.

There has been only one sub-nine hour finish on the 3-lap CCP course (and just 3 on the easier 2-lap course).

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,774 Posts
Will neeed to be a xc racer type...

bigwheelboy_490 said:

Please discuss!
My bet is it won't be taken by a _long_ endurance racer type, but rather someone like Dave Wiens (Leadville 100 winner for the last several years, reigning NORBA marathon champ and a former world class x-c racer). You would need to go fast the whole time. I did it last year (the 2nd year it's been run) and unlike the first year where times were faster despite the mud, the course extended down to the base of the ski area between laps, adding significant climbing and significant time as compared to the first year. I expect someone will do it, but not many and certainly not me... My goal this year is The Endurance 100 in Park City, a course equally well suited for a 29er.

·
This place needs an enema
17,061 Posts
Not I...

Nat or Cam might be able to crack 9, but I've never been that fast. Seems like a fun event--hope to make it there some year.

MC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.