Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in town for a week in early April. What trails will be open and not covered in snow? Single track is a plus for sure, but fire roads are cool as long as I can see some Colorado's beauty. I'll probably be riding alone so do you guys know any trails that get fairly desent cell coverage? I know, good cell coverage and fun single track, they don't co-exist, atleast in CA.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
bbdesertracing said:
I'm going to be in town for a week in early April. What trails will be open and not covered in snow? Single track is a plus for sure, but fire roads are cool as long as I can see some Colorado's beauty. I'll probably be riding alone so do you guys know any trails that get fairly desent cell coverage? I know, good cell coverage and fun single track, they don't co-exist, atleast in CA.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide
All the low eleveation trails will be open, or perhaps none at all, maybe somewhere in between.
It all depends on the weather before you get here, and since weather in SW Colorado can't be predicted days in advance, you just don't know months in advance.
Under typical spring weather conditions, Phil's World in Cortez will be ridable, Alien in Aztec, most trails in the Telegraph system should be open, and Animas City. Not a whole lot, but you just never know. And there can be a significant difference from early April to late April.
Cell coverage? This is Durango, take off your tie, leave your Hummer in Texas, and get off your damn phone ;) (coverage is better for Alltel than Verizon in this area)
Contact me as your arrival gets closer and I can provide better info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. I will be sure to contact you as the trip comes close. I can't wait to hit the trails, I just hope the weather is on my side. Like you said, it's hard to tell what the weather will even be like from day to day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.