Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fragilie
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here have experience running a 36 on the Durance? I have one I'd like to try, but don't want to put too much stress on the frame. Think it can take it? Not intending to huck the bike, I just would like a little slacker head angle than it has with a Pike on it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes,....

I remember seeing at least one Durance demo bike with a RS Lyrik at my lbs earlier this year, which came set up that way directly from Maverick. Heck, if you go to the Maverick website, you'll see a Durance equipped with a Lyrik right on their homepage....Fox36 should be fine.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Just curious why a Lyric would put too much stress on a frame... Something in their design?

·
Fragilie
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Datalogger said:
Just curious why a Lyric would put too much stress on a frame... Something in their design?
In general a longer fork puts more stress on the head tube due to the leverage, at least that's what i've always believed to be correct. I would think the Lyric and the 36 should be very close in actual lengths. I have a 36 I was contemplating putting on my Durance and was just curious if anybody else was using a longer than average fork on theirs.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Eric B said:
In general a longer fork puts more stress on the head tube due to the leverage, at least that's what i've always believed to be correct. I would think the Lyric and the 36 should be very close in actual lengths. I have a 36 I was contemplating putting on my Durance and was just curious if anybody else was using a longer than average fork on theirs.
Ahh, ok that makes sense.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The DUC will put way more stress on the frame than just about any single crown fork, so put the 36 on and enjoy the ride. Should feel pretty nice! :thumbsup:

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Ethan F said:
The DUC will put way more stress on the frame than just about any single crown fork, so put the 36 on and enjoy the ride. Should feel pretty nice! :thumbsup:
I was thinking the same thing-that a DC fork would stress the head tube more than a single.

·
Fragilie
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ethan F said:
Thanks buddy.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,727 Posts
fizzywater said:
I remember seeing at least one Durance demo bike with a RS Lyrik at my lbs earlier this year, which came set up that way directly from Maverick. Heck, if you go to the Maverick website, you'll see a Durance equipped with a Lyrik right on their homepage....Fox36 should be fine.
I demoe'd the Durance with a Lyrik. It actually rode really well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.