Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone break their 2020/2021 alloy rift zone frame? How was the warranty process? I bought my Rift Zone while I was living in Arizona and it broke while riding/living in Australia so I'm hoping that does not complicate the process too much.
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle frame Carbon

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just following up to see if others have had a similar issue with the top tube on their Rift zone frame. I’m hoping that Marin will replace it as it is only 18months old but I’d like to hear what experiences others have had.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Check the Marin Owners Facebook group. Seems like quite a few people having similar issues. Kinda glad I got mine sold off without any issues. And I rode it for 18 months.
Thanks Skeeno, I'll check out that group. I'm hoping the Marin comes through and warranties the frame but my bike shop has not heard anything back from them yet.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update. Marin told my bike shop that they would warranty the frame but “do have any on hand and will need to check with production to see if they can pull one”.
Quick update for anyone that is interested. The shop that I bought the bike from now has the replacement frame from Marin and they plan to ship it to my USA address later this week.

· Registered
2022 Ripley AF Deore Monument Silver
2,022 Posts
Haven't been here in a while, but yes, my 2018 frame cracked in the same location, discovered summer 2020. '18 Rift Zone

It took about 12 weeks to get a replacement frame, in the middle of Covid, and they originally sent a M to replace a L. Apparently some kind of inventory control glitch because Marin swore up and down they sent a large and made the dealer measure the frame because they didn't believe the sticker.

I'm not quite a full-blown clyde, but around 200 lbs. And, particularly in the early going on my RZ, I felt like I dead sailored some stuff and maybe overstressed the frame. Maybe not.

Unfortunately, the RZ was stolen off my back porch last weekend and will be replaced with a Ripley AF. I loved the RZ and would have strongly considered buying another (3 instead of 2, this time) if I could have easily found one. RIP.

· Registered
227 Posts
On mine, and it appears also noosa2's, just in front of the seat/top tube gusset. View attachment 1975155
Thanks! I just noticed you had a link to your issue which clearly shows where the crack is. The way Noosa2’s pic is oriented threw me off, but if you rotate it 90 it’s definitely the same area. I’ve got PPE frame protection that ends/partially covers that area on my 2022 RZ. Will keep an eye on it .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.