Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, people.

How many kms do you get out of the new Schwalbe Racing Ray / Ralph? I've done 2000km (that's 1250 miles) and I'm starting to notice loss of performance.

I'm aware Schwalbe is not the king of durability but I'm looking for advice on this specific tires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I destroyed my 1st set in a half year. Second set was after 2 belgium rocky rides already cut in pieces. Really good set but the durability is worse. I went to the pirelli scorpion m series.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yes, I can believe they aren't as strong as other tires (such as Maxxis) but on the other hand, they are also lighter.

But my question was rather directed to the amount of mileage you can get out of them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm currently at around 2000km and they are still holding ok. They are certainly not holding like new, but a whole lot better then old non-Addix compound, which was super good from start, but lost pretty much all grip after some 800-900km. I already noticed last year with Rocket Ron on front with Addix speed grip, that it lasts longer then old one, and based on this years experience (Racing Ray Addix speedgrip, and Rocket Ron Addix Speed), I would still stand with that.
I'm talking about grip that tires have not about how thread looks like. Thread, especially on front tire always looked almost intact for me, but grip was not there. With Addix compount grip holds long(er).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently at around 2000km and they are still holding ok. They are certainly not holding like new, but a whole lot better then old non-Addix compound, which was super good from start, but lost pretty much all grip after some 800-900km. I already noticed last year with Rocket Ron on front with Addix speed grip, that it lasts longer then old one, and based on this years experience (Racing Ray Addix speedgrip, and Rocket Ron Addix Speed), I would still stand with that.
I'm talking about grip that tires have not about how thread looks like. Thread, especially on front tire always looked almost intact for me, but grip was not there. With Addix compount grip holds long(er).
Thanks for the info. I don't know the "older" compounds as these are my first Schwalbe, they are very good tires. You get less kms than with Maxxis' but they are also lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.