Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a Dura Ace front derailleur on an epic frame? Which model should I use?Do they make a clamp big enough or do I need a custom clamp and then use a braze on?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Don't know about your frame,

but I've been running the braze-on version on my Palomino with a custom derailleur mount that Maverick makes to address the shifting problems that e-type derailleurs have with this suspension design. It works great on this frame...much better than the stock E-type XT derailleur that it came with. That said, here are your options...red font is QBP part number.

FD0706 Dura Ace 9 speed FD-7703 braze-on with DP6200 Shimano clamp 35.0mm.

FD7805 Dura-Ace 10 speed FD-7803 35mm clamp (currently out of stock at QBP).

Later...

·
sadly, like the element
400 Posts
Bottom swing (high clamp) hit the bottom of the guesset for the FSR linkage on the Epic frame. Basically, it's trying to be clamped to a non round surface with too great a diameter.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was wondering about same setup with the FSR 120. Has any one tried a roadie triple with 34.8 mm clamp to fit in the short part of the tube where the FD can be clamped? I know you can't use a bottom swing FD, but road FDs clamp lower on the tube. Can maybe an old SRAM FD mounted, which has about the same clamp hight as the road clamps?

-b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.