Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is wanting to ride some trails in Dupont but when we ride together we usually go on about 7-8 mile rides b/c she just started and all... What are some good beginner rides that I could take her on? I'm kinda familiar with the trails out there and i have one of the maps but the better the description the more it would help us out thanks!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ragefan585 said:
My girlfriend is wanting to ride some trails in Dupont but when we ride together we usually go on about 7-8 mile rides b/c she just started and all... What are some good beginner rides that I could take her on? I'm kinda familiar with the trails out there and i have one of the maps but the better the description the more it would help us out thanks!
Do a google search on Dupont State Forest, they have some nice rides laid out.

Also, it seems the stuff by the Corn Shulls Mills is a favorite area of the Mountainbikers. Some is very easy, some is harder (burnt mt. is harder for example) Get the topo map, pick a ride and go for it. Walkie talkies are a good idea if you ride at different paces, there are a LOT of turns in Dupont.

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
Here's a tame loop for you

I got roped into riding this one time because a couple of newbies were riding with the group.

1st get a good map.

Park at the hooker falls parking lot on stanton rd.

cross stanton and start on galax if I remember right this was the hardest part of the ride. :rolleyes: from galax
Galax intersects with triple falls, take triple falls
L on Buck Forest Rd
L on jim branch
R on lake imaging
cross Stanton rd and go right to holly tree
take holly tree back to parking lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts