Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to Dupont several times but have only ridden Big Rock, Cedar Rock, Longside and Burnt Mountain and am wondering what else I'm missing out on. I ride a 6inch travel bike and like a nice mix of all-mountain riding (some small jumps, step-downs, etc.). Any other trails note worthy?

·
Go Hokies!
85 Posts
If you enjoy riding, why not...............get a map, go ride every trail and decide for yourself.

The forest is not that big, you could knock it all out in 4 or 5 trips. Think of how much you would learn.

Do you really go and ride the same thing over and over?

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
there is a slick creek crossing that separates the area that you have been riding from some of the other sections. You can cross the creek but be careful it's very slick. After you cross over you can access some of the popular trails like Resonover Creek, Mine Mtn, Airstip, etc...

OR

Take Longside up to Pine Tree cross the road and go on to Sheep Mtn cross the road again and you will be at Buck Forest parking area and can access the northern half of the forest.

Explore, get lost, get found, enjoy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
David George said:
If you enjoy riding, why not...............get a map, go ride every trail and decide for yourself.

The forest is not that big, you could knock it all out in 4 or 5 trips. Think of how much you would learn.

Do you really go and ride the same thing over and over?
I did that last year. There are some real nice [scenic] places that few ever venture to see.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the replies, yeah I'm only there for a few days and get about one day to ride each time I go up... I want to venture out, but damn the slick rock is just so much fun:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.