Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had this issue with tires such as Barbegazi, Bud, or Nate but having issues getting my new Dunder set up tubeless. I got the previous 3 tires going on my Mulefut 80SLs with one layer of the Sunringle tape and Stans. With the Dunder I've put on 2 layers now and have gotten flats overnight 3x now. Pretty disappointed, do I need a 3rd layer of tape? Or any other tricks I'm missing with getting supposedly tubeless ready tires from 45Nrth set up properly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Having the same issue here. I thought it was my tape job. I've done about 10 other fatbike wheelsets without a leak yet, so I tried it in a bathtub before altering my tape job. Turned out one bead of one of my Dunder is not quite seating well enough for a perfect seal.
A few rides streched it enough the problem went away.
Fill a tub so you can submerge the first 4-6 inches of the tire. I used a little bit if dish soap on the wheel and immediately found where it was leaking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I rode mine with tubes for about 80 miles, mainly by on fire roads and they went on fairly well after that. I don't know if that is helpful. There could be other factors.

1. I might just have got lucky with the tire (bead quality)
2. The rims might be a factor (I am running HED)
3. The tire might have stretched in those first few miles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checking out my beads and they look terrible. Threads showing, creases, etc. I wonder if I got last year's batch. Going back to the LBS to exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts