Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picard said:
There is no "innie" for this shoe. This shoe is design for downhill bike which use plain flat bottom sole shoe. Downhill bikers don't need cleats.
Hmm... weird.. the page says "Accepts SPD cleats for clipping into pedals."
OH well!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
check inside of shoe

double check the bottom of the shoe to see if you notice a regtangular outline? peel it off. then look into inside of the shoe, do you see a rectangular tape covering the same spot on the other side of the shoe sole? peel of that tape. It will expose the spot to insert in the cleats.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spartak said:
I've seen shoes like that, I think the sole may have a little square of rubber that you can cut out with a knife to reveal the bits where the cleats go in.
i hope someone who has or has seen these can chime in here..
im debating some crank bros mallet c eggbeaters
and i need something fairly comfortable to rock with them :confused:

·
Don't touch me!
855 Posts
You'll most likely have to cut out a rectangular section with a box cutter. I had to with my Lakes. They are probably showing the non-SPD version; for the SPD version there will be an area that pretty much tells you where to cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh... so when they say accepts cleats.. they dont mean its ready to clip in..

theyre saying i "can" cut a big chunk out of the bottomof the shoes and attach a piece of hardware that they most likely didnt include?

yeah im a noob, so sue me :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Assume what you like.

xrussox said:
im going to go out on a limb here and make the assumption that these shoes just suck and look for some other ones :D
But this is pretty normal in a cycling shoe.

The ones with the gnarlier tread usually have the bolt holes right there where you can see them. Usually with screw fittings for spikes too.

Ron

·
Don't touch me!
855 Posts
On some shoes they have a "filler" piece that can be removed with a hex key that takes the place of a cleat if you don't use clipless pedals.

I'm pretty happy with my Lakes, they blend in pretty well in class and about town, plus they're easier to walk in compared to a regular mtn shoe. And they're also a lot stiffer than regular sneakers, so pedalling is easier.

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Did you try checking the reviews? Sometimes they have good info in them.

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
xrussox said:
yup read all sorts of reviews... ened up just saying screw it and dove on a combo of the 661 launch shoes with crank bros mallet c pedals. cant wait.
yeah, sometimes I read the reviews and suffer paralysis from analysis. Then I just do the same, pick something! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.