Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No really... it is.
I did finally receive my 08 Spot and it is absolutly gorgeous (see thread somewhere). Very, very pleased.

My question is this: The frame is smoke black and the decal (bordering around the letters) is black as well. You really cant see the decal at all. It seriously looks like a solid, non-branded frame. I really dig it because it is so non-descript but I am curious as to how common it is. I have been looking at posted photos (here and elsewhere) and have yet to see this, or yet to see it as a common configuration.

Anyone know?
Thanks
glue

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
ive not seen that combo from the factory but jnc, the most well known replacement sticker guy around here, was full into the all black ninja look a cpl years ago and did somethin similar. rufus, the other sticker guy ss mentioned, is on the dl for the time being. he may be takin orders but i dont think hes doin any work. both have done excellent work for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks...

Cool, that is interesting Cactus. Looking at the 08 Turner site, and various resellers "build" pictures, I am having a hard time seeing anything similar. All ninja it is....

my only other question is; smoke black looks a lot like semi gloss black to me. even the 08 turner site makes the Smoke black look somewhat matte. My frame is high gloss!

its not a problem, and I think it looks spectacular but just curious....

really... i should post a picture. not sure it will do justice but I will try.

Thanks again!
-glue

·
Wicketed
607 Posts
glue - i reckon that is cool and would def be a keeper if it were mine..

Now, where can i get white decals for my 6pack....? ;)
and chrome decals for the flux...? ;) ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
glueslug said:
No really... it is.
I did finally receive my 08 Spot and it is absolutly gorgeous (see thread somewhere). Very, very pleased.

My question is this: The frame is smoke black and the decal (bordering around the letters) is black as well. You really cant see the decal at all. It seriously looks like a solid, non-branded frame. I really dig it because it is so non-descript but I am curious as to how common it is. I have been looking at posted photos (here and elsewhere) and have yet to see this, or yet to see it as a common configuration.

Anyone know?
Thanks
glue
The 08's used to be with the white outline. I have lately seen within this week an 08' Flux with a 09' Fox RP23 (The one with black and grey decals) with a decal with black outline.

I assume that the last of the 08's have been fitted with these decals with black outline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.