Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I should know this already, but what would be the proper sag for a fork for trail riding, part of that is on rock gardens and root rivers.....

I feel my fork a lot stiffer than some friend's Lyric, but they had the DH version. I first thought that it was because of the different dampers, but recently I measured my sag, and I only sag the fork about 20mm :eek: I didn't wear the camelback, but I don't think that would mean a big difference.

I'm heavyset, so when I bought the fork, I replaced the spring to the black one, but I think I went too far. Should I search for a 30% sag or 25%?

·
EDR
10,310 Posts
I only sag the fork about 20mm
Holy lack of sag Batman! That's about 12%sag using my lousy math. 25 to 30% would be the reasonable goal, maybe less for non chunky trails. 25% puts your sag at 40mm. I'm 200lbs fully geared up with lots of water and run the stock medium spring. I get tons of sag....haven't actually measured in a long time but it's at around 40mm. Sometimes I feel I could use a heavier spring as I bottom it out a little hard sometimes but i don't want to let go of the overall smoothness .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts