Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
I think that most do. You just have to get the balls and do it....don't look back, and go into it with confidence. Everyone has a little fear, and I think that if you didn't when attempting to do something that you've never done that could result in bodily harm, you wouldn't be normal. Go for it!

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
does any one get that shakey felling about drops.

Yes.

Or get really nevrous.

That too.

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
I have two ways of doing drops. If I don't see them in time I yank desparately on the bars as I roll off, and pray I make it. If I do see them in time I stop and walk. ;)

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
wooglin said:
I have two ways of doing drops. If I don't see them in time I yank desparately on the bars as I roll off, and pray I make it. If I do see them in time I stop and walk. ;)
LOL. Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes the best lines are done ad lib. Planning only gives the rational-gotta pay the mortgage-mind more time to make you skeered.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
I've done a few ... just start small and work up slowly to larger drops as your confidence and skill improve.

Kn.

Attachments

·
Sharp rocks hurt...
276 Posts
K'Endo said:
I've done a few ... just start small and work up slowly to larger drops as your confidence and skill improve.

Kn.
Cool drop. I wish I had more like that here in AZ. Yeah I get nervous the first time I do a drop. After that its no problem though.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Drops?

I get shakey on the drops. Road bikes are twitchy to begin with, and on the drops I feel like I can't get to the brakes fast enough. Traffic compounds the problem.

Har har. Ok back to my hole.

·
cyclemaven.net
364 Posts
Yeah, sure

But don't you get that insanely great rush, after you go ahead and do it anyway, and just nail it?
I think life in general is about riding the edge between fun and fear. :D

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
cghornets20 said:
does any one get that shakey felling about drops. Or get really nevrous.

thanks
Hell yes to both questions. If it's not anything over 1-1.5 ft and I come upon it unsuspecting it's not normally a problem, but more fun the next time around as I can prepare for it and launch off it. If it's bigger and I catch it in time I stop and check it out if not I really pray hard that I don't need to visit the dentist. Worst thing is to not commit and let the front drop and land first, try to land even or on the rear and if you can a bit of a quick "punch" on the pedals to help launch you off properly goes a long way.

BTW I haven't been at this too long and am now getting accustomed to my new ride - which handles and rides a million times better than my introductory P.O.S COIL-X, but this is what I have found out through trial. I also learned it when I first tried to drop into a 1/2 pipe (on a skate board) for the 1st time in my life at 30- you have to commit and really slam those front wheels onto the ramp or the board will just fly out from under you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.