Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sweet 06 coiler. on my frame behind my seat post--there is a picture of a guy with antlers for ears. is this a kona logo or coiler logo or what??? he have a name??

·
Happy Coiler Owner
160 Posts
snowmaniac153 said:
I have a sweet 06 coiler. on my frame behind my seat post--there is a picture of a guy with antlers for ears. is this a kona logo or coiler logo or what??? he have a name??
This is just a kona thing, probably to show their carefree attitude to everything but the actual bikes themsleves, we call it the "moose dude" but it is a clump rider possibly robbie bourdon in front on antlers probably in cannada/northern US, my dad has it on his coiler but the 04's didnt get this treatment so i didnt get one :(

·
Registered
454 Posts
MooseMan

The MooseMan is very cool and helps to define Kona as the company they are. I'm in product development in a small company that builds residential communications equipment. It is the exact polar opposite of Kona and it sucks at times. No imagination and no fun. :yawn:

·
Stinkyest of the Stinkys!
110 Posts
snowmaniac153 said:
"Moose Guy" is the mascot or emblem for the Kona Clump factory team. Per the konaworld.com website:

"Kona Clump is our professional Freeride team who travel to the far corners of the world pushing our Out of Bounds and Dirt Jumping designs to new limits. This year's team consists of Robbie Bourdon, Carlin Dunne, John Cowan, Dave Watson, Paul Basagoitia and Grant Fielder (see Grant's blog here). Look for the Kona Clump in this year's Derek Westerlund film New World Disorder VII. Also check out the Kona Euro Clump Riders, Joonas Vinnari of Finland, Niels Windfeldt of Norway or Alberto Accettulli of Italy."

Besides shirts and hats, Moose Guy now appears on the 2006 Kona Clump family of bikes, like the Stinkys, etc.

The Moose Guy was probably inspired by the attached photo of Robbie from the 2004 Kona catalog, but my guess is that the mascot is not really him, since Robbie is 5' 3" and Moose Guy looks pretty tall.

Hope that helps! Enjoy that sweet Coiler!

Attachments

·
Happy Coiler Owner
160 Posts
i only guessed that it was robbie, from my (almost falling apart, due to overuse) 2004 catalogue, for all we know its just someone working at kona, but i love the fact tah kona is a non-serious bike comapny in amongst companies with too much ego to be overly creative

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
decal would be GREAT i would totaly rock that---also I would love a waterbottle with that logo--they should really update some swag for us.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ok I'm not proud....

snowmaniac153 said:
decal would be GREAT i would totaly rock that---also I would love a waterbottle with that logo--they should really update some swag for us.
Speaking of swag, hey Kona, how about a discount on Kona brand stuff for us loyal owners??? Maybe a bike serial number as a registration ID to get 10% or something would be great. I mean $40 scoots for a hoody is a little steep when I'm pushing the brand everywhere I go with it. Getting the Name out there, isn't that worth something? My .02 worth of shameless whining :cryin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.