Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have all of the mounts from my old SD Hero I was thinking of buying the HD Motorsports Hero instead of the Helmet HD Hero, this way I would get a couple of different mounts.

My dumb question...is the actual camera the same for all of the HD Hero's? I'm assuming they are but couldn't find a definitive answer at the GoPro website.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Yes, all the GoPros are the same except for the original GoPro Wide. All the current HD cameras (the ones that go to 1080p) and even the new 960 have the same camera shape and all fit in the same housings. All the HD cameras are all the same unit, except the 960 (which has the same body) has fewer features. The only difference is the accessories the cams come with (usually mounts, as you indicated).

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 960 has the same shape and fits the same housing as the 1080 except it has one significant difference. The 960 lacks a plug (a long skinny plug) in the back that allows for a LCD screen to be attached and now also a bigger, extended life battery pack. The 1080 models have this as well as some settings that the 960s don't. Same mounts fit them all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just ordered the 1080 motorsports last night, can't wait to test it out. bought the SD card off of Amazon for 65.00, the same one on the GoPro site for $99.

can't wait to get out west (Vegas and St. George) in April to put it to work!

Now, what the heck to do I do with my old SD?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts